New LEGO brand catalog January - June 2016 (German)

Wildemar

I just check the 2015 Catalog.  There were no mentions of JW and Scooby Doo Sets as well.  Also, Ultra Agents, Chima and Hobbit  and The LEGO Movie was in 2015 catalog.

Just check July 2015 catalog, JW, Scooby Doo and Pirates are in there.  So my guess is maybe what is missing will be there in July(or not), in this case, we should worry then.

My 2 cents.

3 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Architecture is in the English version I posted in the SAH Jan thread. No JW anywhere which does ring alarm bells. In any case, this Xmas was the time to good business on those sets, demand is falling now.

I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment.  I sold very few JW sets this holiday in case they don't come back in February.  $70 for an RE or $190 for an IR is going to look like a foolish mistake if they don't come back.  Even if they do come back, I'm optimistic that I will be able to sell them for those prices again whenever they retire.  I have the space and patience to take that 'risk'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqlplus said:

I just check the 2015 Catalog.  There were no mentions of JW and Scooby Doo Sets as well.  Also, Ultra Agents, Chima and Hobbit  and The LEGO Movie was in 2015 catalog.

Just check July 2015 catalog, JW, Scooby Doo and Pirates are in there.  So my guess is maybe what is missing will be there in July(or not), in this case, we should worry then.

My 2 cents.

I'm not sure I follow.  JW and Scooby were released in March and June, respectively.  So it makes sense that they weren't in the Jan - July catalog, but were in the August - December Catalog.  What doesn't makes sense to me is those sets aren't in the 1H 2016 catalog, but you expect them to be in the 2H 2016 catalog.  Can you explain your reasoning?

15 minutes ago, sqlplus said:

We know JW was not intended to be a major theme, but demand spoke other wise.  No surprise its not in the catalog since the layout was likely planed out months ago.  Scooby probably just did not make this cut either, not surprising since its big push was Halloween.  In any case we know the catalog is a poor predictor of EOL, if history is any guide...

My 2h 2015 Spanish version had the hobbit and a number of other sets that had already retired in it so i guess that´s fair the other way round - there are only so many pages. However, it seems only the Russian one so far has Angry Birds. If anyone has access to the distributor wholesale catalogue that might give more reliable info.