Shelves are empty of LEGO STAR WARS sets!

Ed Mack

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Sounds like the horde took a wrong turn at Shannon airport, either that or Ryanair baggage allowance has stopped them loading up. Nice to know you can wait for these sets to officially retire before being pressured to make a move. Competitive advantage.

I know, now if only postage to the rest of Europe wasn't so damn expensive.

Just spotted Smyths have the Brick Bounty and Mos Eisley Cantina reduced to €50, but they only have stock left in the out of the way stores. Damn them

6 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

I witnessed a higher percentage of grand parents buying lego than mom and dads. (I actually helped out a few on what sets to get.) This may be why the lower & mid range sets are bought up.

That makes a lot of sense, wouldn't be spending as much on little Jimmy as the parents, so the lower and mid range stuff would fall perfectly in their price range.

Interesting that most years the police station is very hard to get, yet plenty of them sitting there yesterday, have kids finally reached peak police fatigue.

1 hour ago, Vinetu said:

It is an opinion and everyone's opinion is worth respecting if you don't want to play the forum's D. Trump. You may disagree with it and usually provide arguments as to why you disagree. Here specifically, the opinion is solely based on taste, which incidentally happens to coincide with my own, so no argumentation will result in fruitful discussion.

I am appalled that so many respected members of this forum liked the comment that so bluntly propagates disrespect of a forum member legitimate views.

Unfortunately that's what happens when one's post reads as if a 7 year old wrote it, legitimate or not.

• Like 2

I definitely am seeing another uptick in sales with Star Wars items as the movie hysteria starts to go into full swing.  I slowed down and priced items a little higher after the 15th somewhat intentionally to keep the late shoppers at bay, but still Star Wars items are hot compared to everything else at the moment.  Almost all my sales this week have been all star wars related. 

This is a far cry from the Phantom Menace era in my opinion.  This era has legs and the collectibility aspect of some of these items seems like it's a full on go with the AFOL/action figure collecting populace.

10 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Unfortunately that's what happens when one's post reads as if a 7 year old wrote it, legitimate or not.

The wording is not the most fortunate, we can agree on that, but the view is legit (from a certain point of view ;) ) and as such didn't deserve the forum bashing. Hype should be reigned in a bit, this is not the second coming of ESB for goodness sake...

7 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

The wording is not the most fortunate, we can agree on that, but the view is legit (from a certain point of view ;) ) and as such didn't deserve the forum bashing. Hype should be reigned in a bit, this is not the second coming of ESB for goodness sake...

I completely read that as the second coming of EDB. Haha...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinetu said:

I am appalled that so many respected members of this forum liked the comment that so bluntly propagates disrespect of a forum member legitimate views.

Not the slightest bit surprised honestly.

The wording is not the most fortunate, we can agree on that, but the view is legit (from a certain point of view ) and as such didn't deserve the forum bashing. Hype should be reigned in a bit, this is not the second coming of ESB for goodness sake...

I completely read that as the second coming of EDB. Haha...

I read it as Empire State Building.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 1:56 PM, Ed Mack said:

Jeff just sent me this photo from a local Target.  No STAR WARS sets left...LOL

Quick, get the Mixel! :hyper: Well for me last week the LEGO aisle and most everything else in the stores were stocked good. I imagine this week though being the one for the holiday itself will or has shared the same fate as yours....but I'm simply not curious nor brave enough to actually check. Haha.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 3:12 PM, inversion said:

We will see. Before we had to wait years between episodes. A yearly movie plus web series, cartoons whatever can easily kill the hype and make people indifferent to SW. SW fatigue is a real danger.

With the way how advertisements for varied merchandise have surrounded us these past number of years, it is as if the whole franchise of Star Wars never left the picture even when there wasn't a new sequel in the works so many are already experiencing this fatigue. For a new generation of younger fans being brought into the fold it's great however those of us whom been around when the originals premiered in theaters it feels like "same old, same old". In either case, they will have to be creative coming up with new characters, locales, and vehicles that don't look like something already been tried before to renew interest (even if a little at best).