50% off annual passes for Discovery Centre (Toronto, CAN)

weakside

FYI, got this email/promo today.  Great savings (50% off) for annual pass both instore or online registration between Fri Nov 27 to Mon 30th.  Remember with annual pass you get additional 10% off purchases in their gift shop...savings add up with those +$100 sets, pretty much pays for the annual pass itself if you buy enough.

*note to Sandwraithx157, try ordering online so they can't discriminate against you for not having kids  :)

https://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.ca/toronto/news-events/news/10331/black-friday-4-day-sale.aspx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weakside said:

*note to Sandwraithx157, try ordering online so they can't discriminate against you for not having kids  :)

Haha :P Really should make another trip out there sometime soon, but nothing i need to pick up  right now, at least until after holidays and some more items start dancing on LEGO Shop at Home.

1 hour ago, Gray2010 said:

I've never been to the lego discovery centre, do they have the same products as the lego store?

I find they have the "retiring" exclusives lingering for longer than a normal LEGO store, so i go there to scoop up the stuff that catches us off guard (SSD, HH, TH). They also usually have a very generous polybag selection whereas the LEGO stores (at least the ones around me) never carry polybags.

26 minutes ago, lego rules said:

Please keep in mind most exclusives do not have the 10% discount applied.  I was going to get an annual pass until I walked around the store and noticed almost all exclusives are not included.

There are notices about no discounts on 'exclusives'...but from my experience, I've purchased modulars, CUUSOOs, any theme sets/items from $2.99 - $499 and every time they took 10% off.  Maybe it depends on cashier but so far no restrictions.  Shelving price tags will show 'regular' price and 'annual pass members' price...some I think don't have a 'member' discounted price but once you take it up to cashier, show them your pass and they will ask you to write your name on a little form and that's it.  Very easy.

The only time they didn't give me 10% discount was on clearance items which were cheap enough already. 

Edited by weakside

yeah 99% of time you still get the discount, very few do not do it.  They have a sheet of what is not on discount but no one looks at it.   Then there are different interpretations of it as well. Some say those sets can't be discounted for 30 days and some say the life of the set.  That is only if they look at it though.

Another great feature for most is no limits as well.  

Its definitely worth the pass regardless as many good sets and oddball stuff work on the discount.  

I've spent enough time/visits there...even managers cashing me out, and no issues.  Doesn't matter how big your bill is too, I've gone +$1000 a few times. 

Guess the only neg is no Lego VIP pts or promo polybag on purchases, but saving 10% directly every visit is better than double vip pts event anyways.  The immediate savings is nice. 

18 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Haha :P Really should make another trip out there sometime soon, but nothing i need to pick up  right now, at least until after holidays and some more items start dancing on LEGO Shop at Home.

I find they have the "retiring" exclusives lingering for longer than a normal LEGO store, so i go there to scoop up the stuff that catches us off guard (SSD, HH, TH). They also usually have a very generous polybag selection whereas the LEGO stores (at least the ones around me) never carry polybags.

Yup, picking up 4 HH's after they were 'sold out' was a nice treat.  Should've of picked up more SSD's and TH's :P  Even at regular prices it's a great find but after discount it's a nice bargain with immediate positive ROI value.  Those were the days...timing is everything.

Have fun shopping folks.  Remember Clutch Powers is the best 4D movie so catch it if you can...there's a movie (4) showing every 15mins inside LEGOLAND that most visitors enjoy.  The 2 rides at this location are just ok...not worth the line up IMO.