New LEGO Store Coming to Cherry Hill, NJ!

Ed Mack

My wife was there with my son and they just left and said forget it.  They were looking for something to do, so I told them to check it out.   The line is hundreds of people long, most of it is filled with "loser" resellers with no kids.  Get a life people!

On a more serious note, LEGO needs to come up with a better solution for these grand openings.  Make it an all day event with some sort of voucher for a free set later.  Having a line all the way through the mall is great publicity, but it will piss off more customers than it will make happy.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2x4 said:

I better bring my daughter tomorrow so I'm "legit"

Well, the line is closed for today.  Maybe tomorrow.  My wife met an acquaintance of mine who brought their parents along as well.  They sat in fold up chairs for 3 hours.  I guess LEGO has created a monster here.  

I arrived at 8:30 and the line was only about 40 people deep.  Only 5 people showed up for the next 15 minutes and then it started to get longer and longer.  Had Death Stars, Red Fives, Tower Bridges, all JW sets and even a couple of Star Wars Advent Calendars but that last  one was gone before I even got into the store.

Edited by psusyntar

I took the kids there today after a Phila Eagles event so we arrived later than desired (10:45). What a madhouse. The line was insane so we turned left.

At first, we saw 20 people in line, store was packed & thought no biggie. Then the mall police told us the line was in sections. There it was about 50 yards from me. The 2nd line. So long...

22 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I took the kids there today after a Phila Eagles event so we arrived later than desired (10:45). What a madhouse. The line was insane so we turned left.

At first, we saw 20 people in line, store was packed & thought no biggie. Then the mall police told us the line was in sections. There it was about 50 yards from me. The 2nd line. So long..

Same thing my wife said.  She first saw the small line and said great...Then the mall cops told her the line is broken down into 2 or 3 more sections of hundreds of people each.  She said forget it and went to Toys R' Us for their free STAR WARS build and spent $100.00 there.  

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Same thing my wife said.  She first saw the small line and said great...Then the mall cops told her the line is broken down into 2 or 3 more sections of hundreds of people each.  She said forget it and went to Toys R' Us for their free STAR WARS build and spent $100.00 there.  

We didn't visit the TRU down the street but did get gas at the WAWA next door to it :)

One good thing about the long Lego line was the Apple and Disney stores weren't busy. I used the new iPad - too large for my use, liked the Apple TV and the kids built some Pixar Dino movie cardboard cut thingie that looks cool.

13 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

We didn't visit the TRU down the street but did get gas at the WAWA next door to it :)

One good thing about the long Lego line was the Apple and Disney stores weren't busy. I used the new iPad - too large for my use, liked the Apple TV and the kids built some Pixar Dino movie cardboard cut thingie that looks cool.

You should have stopped by and visited the LEGO museum in my office.  I was only 10 minutes down the road.

13 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

We didn't visit the TRU down the street but did get gas at the WAWA next door to it

You should have stopped by and visited the LEGO museum in my office.  I was only 10 minutes down the road.

Ha. No idea you are that close to the mall. Def next time to sign my book.

I was a little disappointed with the cardboard backing.  I have seen others that state the location, year, and have maybe city scape in the background.  This one was kind of generic aside from the count at the top.

Mine has the city and store name like the Lyon one above... It's still unique since the figs are different but yeah no unique printing kind of sucks.

Mine are like 386/400 or something super high. Neat to get a low number at least!

I must have been standing right next to you as my wife had 15 of 400 and I ended up  with 17 of 400.

5648c4d2b1ff7_11151512431.thumb.jpg.f2b64a8ece8e9232f85d6d22ce214420.jpg

Ironically my wife was in the other line and she got a very high number. To have #1 or even #400 might be cool enough that I'd have trouble selling it, but as it stands I'll have them up soon.

I agree about how generic it looks as well, sort of feels like they ran out of ideas, but at the same time, it's not actually in a major city, and they might not want to use Trenton or Camden or Philly since maybe they plan to cover the world with LEGO stores.