New LEGO Store Coming to Cherry Hill, NJ!

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...

My mother lives 30 minutes from Cherry Hill so I was planning on being there, but the Brick Universe Convention got in the way.  Very disappointed Lego announced the grand opening weekend without much notice ahead of time.  I hope there will be more grand openings next year since the TSA destroyed the promotional Lego store set I got from the opening I went to earlier this year.  Arrgh! 

Edited by RedBaron

Most mall stores open at 10am.  Plan on being there about an hour prior to opening.  The idea is to be part of the first group to go in.  The line will grow quickly, but if you are in the first 50 or 60 you will be fine.  The line to check out will form immediately.  If you are going with a friend, you can get in line first and you or your friend can get the set you want to buy.  With a larger purchase required to get the free set, they will last longer in the day, not all day, but probably at least into the early afternoon.  There are lots of parents there with their kids who don't know anything about the free set, and don't want to spend the $100 to get one.

When my local store opened up this past summer they opened the mall doors early and people were there 2 hours before... Lineup really started to grow around 1 hour before opening. They also had 400 grand opening giveaway sets but they were allowing people in line to make anywhere from 2-6 purchases to get multiple sets. Manager was out schmoozing with the crowd in line giving away a polybag and didn't realize it. I'm figuring we were approximately group #150 in line but there was 2x as many people behind me as in front when the store finally opened. I doubt everyone got a grand opening set!