Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

Set to be released on December 1, according to GrooveBricks.

• The set seems to be based on the Time of the Doctor episode
  • It will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel
  • Weeping Angle WILL be a minifigure
  • The set will be theTARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS
  • Release Date: December 1st

This makes me very happy.  And bummed, too, that the Cyberman will only be in the Dimensions pack.  Maybe this we're going to get an expanded line at some point...

• Like 1

This makes me very happy.  And bummed, too, that the Cyberman will only be in the Dimensions pack.  Maybe this we're going to get an expanded line at some point...

They really are nearly endless possibilities with Dr Who sets.  but im not sure it popular enough with the main stream, for lego to release a theme...

The set will be theTARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS

Actually pretty disappointed if this is true. I loved the original submitted entry's transforming TARDIS. Unless I am misinterpreting this statement and it actually describes the transforming TARDIS to interior wall functionality. the slots for duplicate weeping angel and dalek figures could have been used to expand the roster, but I guess if they begin an actual Doctor Who theme, they can expand left right and center.

Still looking forward to getting a few of this set for me, and some to hold onto for an eventual theme launch. I feel like the Dimension's Fun pack could get a fairly swift price drop to about $10 at Walmart, so I look forward to getting a bunch of Cybermen through that.

• 1 month later...

These seem to be 2 4x1 pieces where the "POLICE BOX" is printed/stickered on.

I don't get why they didn't make use of one 8x1 piece for a smoother/better result. All you LEGO employees who are registered here at BrickPicker and who read this: WHY???!!!

Who knows (piece count?) - Maybe we should just be grateful that they didn't use 4 1x2's.

waiting for hoth exclusive news and all I get is more of this junk. How many teasers does one need for a set of this size?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQjmO7tVEAQnHRY.jpgç

woah hold the phone.  how does that fit inside the box????  the box looks to be about 8 studs wide. the console looks to be about 8 studs wide.  maybe that is why took them so long, had to actually break the known laws of physics to build the model....

woah hold the phone.  how does that fit inside the box????  the box looks to be about 8 studs wide. the console looks to be about 8 studs wide.  maybe that is why took them so long, had to actually break the known laws of physics to build the model....

Two possibilities:

1. The box is FULL with this thing (and I mean FULL)

2. The thing doesn't fit into the box but comes separately

Well how does the real Tardis do it? ;)

• Like 1

If they followed the original designer's design, it doesn't fit in. The Tardis just opens up to become the back wall of the set piece.

Agreed.  If we're to believe the info released so far and the original design, the TARDIS will be able to be separated from the interior  for display.  

Console_01_T.thumb.png.862c87fd633e39053