LEGO SHOP @ HOME DOUBLE VIP POINTS EXTENDED THROUGH OCT. 31st

Ed Mack

Just got an email notifying me that the Double VIP point have been extended through October 31, 2015.  Good news.

EXTENDED – VIP Double Points!
Earn $5 for every $50 you spend through October 31!***

Edited by Ed Mack
  • Like 2

There are so many big exclusives sitting at 'Temp out of stock' at LEGO.US/CA that maybe the extension is due to a great many people complaining about lack of stock when they are ready to make big purchases during double VIP? Extend the promo the rest of Oct gives LEGO a chance to replenish stock and for people to come back and buy before the end of month? I'm talking more at the B&M stores for those customers that don't want to order online.

There are so many big exclusives sitting at 'Temp out of stock' at LEGO.US/CA that maybe the extension is due to a great many people complaining about lack of stock when they are ready to make big purchases during double VIP? Extend the promo the rest of Oct gives LEGO a chance to replenish stock and for people to come back and buy before the end of month? I'm talking more at the B&M stores for those customers that don't want to order online.

Irrelevant... as long as the order was placed during the promo, the customer will still get 2x VIP when the item is shipped. Probably the average joe will not know this :P

Irrelevant... as long as the order was placed during the promo, the customer will still get 2x VIP when the item is shipped. Probably the average joe will not know this :P

Exactly, the average joe doesn't see it in the store they might walk away thinking they missed their chance at double VIP. They don't want to order online for whatever reason but the promo extension gives them a 2nd chance to come back to the store later and hopefully walk out with what they really want.

If an item is TOO, but we can still order it and get the 2x VIP points right? It just ship later on to us when the stock is available? Or.....Lego based it on when they shipped the item then they credit the points to your account....in other words no 2x VIP points if they ship it out after the event?

If an item is TOO, but we can still order it and get the 2x VIP points right? It just ship later on to us when the stock is available? Or.....Lego based it on when they shipped the item then they credit the points to your account....in other words no 2x VIP points if they ship it out after the event?

I'm guessing you mean TOOS. You get points based on when order is placed not shipped. So anything placed now gets double points...

Maybe sales are below expectations.  I don't recall the LEGO Shop at Home site locking up last night.  LOL

it had some issues in the morning (5-8 Eastern), but certainly not bad for LEGO Shop at Home

As for the extension, they probably saw that many were waiting for the Train and decided to extend the overlap to make the customers happy.  even if sales in early October were low I do not think that would be a big concern for them. Keep in mind that LEGO Shop at Home makes 2-3x what regular retailers make on every sale.  And  the LEGO stores are just as much advertising as retail outlets.  So extending double VIP has little effect on the bottom line, and is an easy decision to make if they get feed back from customers.  Plus its just as likely that sales were high and they wanted to keep the momentum going into the holiday shopping season.