Suspicious Sellers / Listings on Ebay

TheGallows

Sorry of this has been covered already elsewhere, but I have a general question about all of the things I should be checking for with a large Ebay sale.

There's a guy that contacted me about buying a minifgure lot I have listed here, but wanted them shipped to Malaysia. I balked at that, just because I've never done international shipping and wasn't particularly interested in opening that can of worms just now. The same guy also found the same listing on Ebay and contacted me there too. After saying that I wouldn't ship to Malaysia, he contacted me again saying that he now has a US address for shipping. I'm trying to figure out how to best approach this & protect myself. The guy really seems to want my legos & I don't want to lose out on a great sale. Here's what I got so far:

• He has very little feedback on Ebay, but the feedback he does have is good & it looks like he has purchased other minifigs in the past
  • I'm checking to make sure that the address I will ship to & the address from Paypal will match (Edit - he says he can't do this. If he just changes the shipping address in Ebay before he buys does this give me the same protection? This would be considered the correct address in Paypal, correct?)
  • Since the sale will be over $750, I will insure & require a signature

What else do I need to do to protect myself?

Thanks in advance, I'm glad this community exists to share experience & help with questions like this!

Edited by HappyHawkeye

Yeah, I had no issues with the seller, it was just to give a snapshot of market values while BP data is down. Pity she didn´t have an R2 to compare with the modular buildings´ performance.

Interesting to see that PS was the only non retired set to trade at above RRP......

This seller (flohbrick) is 100% legit. I received the Red 5 and the The Tumbler this Wednesday. Well packaged and MISB, as advertised. 

What astounds me is that someone sells such sets as these, which are not yet EOL and easily available through LEGO Shop at Home, for quite a lot less than MSRP. Not complaining at all of course, because it enabled me to get these sets for a really nice discount compared to Dutch LEGO Shop at Home prices. I just can't follow their logic to sell them below MSRP this way.

Just to keep others that recall this listing abreast...I don't know where the OP for this listing went but the seller ended up selling 13 Kwik-E-Mart for $160 or less. The 9 other listings they also had have been removed & now have nothing for sale. I suspect the negatives will start coming in shortly...

eBay seller kaykaylgibs 10.20.15.jpg

And they're starting to come in now...

eBay seller kaykaylgibs 10.26.15.jpg

This seller (flohbrick) is 100% legit. I received the Red 5 and the The Tumbler this Wednesday. Well packaged and MISB, as advertised. 

What astounds me is that someone sells such sets as these, which are not yet EOL and easily available through LEGO Shop at Home, for quite a lot less than MSRP. Not complaining at all of course, because it enabled me to get these sets for a really nice discount compared to Dutch LEGO Shop at Home prices. I just can't follow their logic to sell them below MSRP this way.

Round 2: Similar assortment of sets auctions ending tomorrow. Useful to get an idea of market pricing for these EOL sets like TH, HH, GE, FB

http://www.ebay.es/sch/flohbrick/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

• Like 1