A Most Excellent Amazon Return Experience - Was I Scammed by a Seller???

diablo2112

My 2 cents....

1. I would never buy a high dollar item from a third party seller, as you can always expect their return policy to be worse than Amazon.

No offense to any sellers here lol...

2. The item is your responsibility until it reaches the recipient's hands ie: always get sig confirmation.

3. Never assume anything, do what is necessary to cover your own a$$

Edit: I just got off a chat session with Amazon.  They stated the seller issued the refund.  I wrote the seller a pretty firm letter today, and disclosed to him for the first time that 1) I had photos of the watch I returned to him, and 2) those photos showed a shared, distinctive defect on both watches, and 3) I was in contact with law enforcement in Houston to purse the eBay auction as stolen goods.   You might guess that the seller realized something was up, and that a refund at that point was the best decision.  Probably didn't want the police poking around his claim of a lost package and the sale of the same watch on eBay.   

Don't mess with a brick picker, I tell ya!

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 2

Edit: I just got off a chat session with Amazon.  They stated the seller issued the refund.  I wrote the seller a pretty firm letter today, and disclosed to him for the first time that 1) I had photos of the watch I returned to him, and 2) those photos showed a shared, distinctive defect on both watches, and 3) I was in contact with law enforcement in Houston to purse the eBay auction as stolen goods.   You might guess that the seller realized something was up, and that a refund at that point was the best decision.  Probably didn't want the police poking around his claim of a lost package and the sale of the same watch on eBay.   

Good stuff. Glad to hear you got your money back!!

wait for it at the end of the clip:

• Like 1

Just a bit more of hilarious post-script.  I finally got an email from Amazon tonight, confirming the return.  The seller left me a note.  Here it is:

"Notes: Hello Mr. xxxx,
We have found the watch and have applied a refund of $1570. (Minus $4.49 for shipping). 
If you need any Rolexes please call us as we have great prices on new and pre-owned luxury timepieces. 
Sincerely,
(redacted)"

Oh joy! He "found" the watch.  I'll bet you did.  Better to find it yourself, than have the police find it in an account linked to you on eBay.  I did all the sleuthing and detective work on this myself, Amazon was worse than useless.  I still love the screen shot with "refund" prominently above the other entry of "claim denied".  I wonder if Amazon is going to take any action?  Personally, I'm done with this, and have learned that once you win, to stay far away from these situations and don't prod the hornet's nest. 

Oh, and that last laugh?  If I need a Rolex now, this is a great source from which to purchase.  

Adios muchacho.

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 2

Just a bit more of hilarious post-script.  I finally got an email from Amazon tonight, confirming the return.  The seller left me a note.  Here it is:

"Notes: Hello Mr. xxxx,
We have found the watch and have applied a refund of $1570. (Minus $4.49 for shipping). 
If you need any Rolexes please call us as we have great prices on new and pre-owned luxury timepieces. 
Sincerely,
(redacted)"

Oh joy! He "found" the watch.  I'll bet you did.  Better to find it yourself, than have the police find it in an account linked to you on eBay.  I did all the sleuthing and detective work on this myself, Amazon was worse than useless.  I still love the screen shot with "refund" prominently above the other entry of "claim denied".  I wonder if Amazon is going to take any action?  Personally, I'm done with this, and have learned that once you win, to stay far away from these situations and don't prod the hornet's nest. 

Oh, and that last laugh?  If I need a Rolex now, this is a great source from which to purchase.  

Adios muchacho.

I don't think you should let up. If you let this crook go he will just scam another person who isn't as persistent as you. 

• Like 1

So now what are you gonna do with the $1500? Seems like the houses money at this point right?  Maybe see Geddy Neil and Alex in person! I saw them last month and they were fantastic!

If Joe is smart he will earmark this money to pay for confirmed delivery shipping on his own future sales/returns. It works out cheaper than man hours of detective work afterwards.

• Like 1