G.I. Joe

TheOrcKing

What in the world did I just watch?

It was the intro from the G.I. Joe movie in 1987. I picked it for quality of film posted on YouTube ....and cause what the heck. :pardon:

Nice.  Very very nice.  I'm building my Kre-o Terror Drome right now.  I know Kre-o is not on par with Lego, but I really enjoy my Kre-o Joe collection.  They did it right enough especially concerning the figures.  Plus, it was collecting that line that brought me on to Lego.

KRE-O's plastic quality is quite good and just about on LEGO's own standards. Their figures are a little strange in shape but then again the minifigure isn't exactly a true representation of the human form anyway. I remember the G.I Joe sets and the designs of the builds & characters are good in my opinion; possibly the best of the KRE-O line. Their Dungeons & Dragons line was also well done but the whole theme came across all as army/fort builders.

• Like 1

It was the intro from the G.I. Joe movie in 1987. I picked it for quality of film posted on YouTube ....and cause what the heck. :pardon:

Wow.  I've been a huge fan of the 3 3/4" Joes since issue 7 of the comic, and the original 13 (without articulated arms) came out.  I saw the Joe Movie, but I must have really blocked out that opening.

Wow.  I've been a huge fan of the 3 3/4" Joes since issue 7 of the comic, and the original 13 (without articulated arms) came out.  I saw the Joe Movie, but I must have really blocked out that opening.

Well after the fancy titles, Statue of Liberty camera pan, and the Cobra craft flies in, there is that one awkwardly long moment of a paratrooper's crotch shot. I imagine anyone's mind would rather block such scenes out. :blink: On another note, it could have been the theme tune itself as supposedly music that stimulates brain activity (get you pumped up, excited, or even just content) are better remembered later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...