8043 - Motorized Excavator

Jeff Mack

For those of you that might want to pick up one super cool LEGO set, that is going to be retired (Even said so by LEGO themselves), I would recommend trying to pick them up at retail price from one of these retailers below. You can't get it on LEGO S@H anymore, so before you regret missing out on this set, pick one up now.

BUY FROM TARGET FOR $199.99 with FREE SHIPPING

Grab them from eBay from two vendors, both $199 with Free Shipping and Buy it Now!

eBay Item #1 eBay Item #2

SOLD OUT at Walmart, LEGO Shop and Barnes and Noble

• 4 months later...

This set was never talked about much, but I can't seem to lay my hands on it NIB for less than $300, and it only went EOL 3 months ago. They don't go used for less than 20% over retail, and that is a bargain for such an amazing set. This one really was a gem, having 4 motors, two IR controllers, 4 linear actuators and the ability to have full functionality of the drive and bucket arm via RC, personally, I would much rather have this one than the 4x4 crawler. You don't need to look any further than this set to see if technic can perform on the secondary market. I expect that the unimog will do every bit as well when it goes.

This set was never talked about much, but I can't seem to lay my hands on it NIB for less than $300, and it only went EOL 3 months ago. They don't go used for less than 20% over retail, and that is a bargain for such an amazing set. This one really was a gem, having 4 motors, two IR controllers, 4 linear actuators and the ability to have full functionality of the drive and bucket arm via RC, personally, I would much rather have this one than the 4x4 crawler.

You don't need to look any further than this set to see if technic can perform on the secondary market. I expect that the unimog will do every bit as well when it goes.

I have 4 of these 3 new 1 used, its a great set. I really enjoyed the build.

The motors are not as powerful as the motorized bulldozer, still a quality set and great fun chasing the cats around the house with :)

do you invest in bitcoin? Its lack of intrinsic value (IMO) has kept me away.

No but I wish I did. Especially back when it was a whole dollar.

I won't make the same mistake with 8043. I doubt it will move 9000% but should double in short order. There are a half dozen on TRU shelves in the area. The first 20% off Technic sale that pops up and those and maybe the 8070's will be sold to yours truly in short order.

• 2 years later...