New TRU Rewards Terms - 2015

ISO8T0

Re: Your “RUs Credit Card account

We will be making changes to the Rewards Program for your account. The new Rewards Program Terms and Conditions are shown below and will become effective September 15, 2015. Below is a summary of the changes we will be making; however, please review the full revised Rewards Program Terms and Conditions shown below.
• Rewards points will now expire after your “RUs Credit Card or “RUs MasterCard account is inactive for more than 24 months and your Rewards“RUs Program account is inactive for more than 12 months.
• The maximum “RUs Reward Dollars that can now be received in a fulfillment cycle is $20.

Rewards“RUs PROGRAM TERMS FOR THE “RUS CREDIT CARD PROGRAM

By participating in the “RUs Credit Card Program you are automatically enrolled in the Rewards“RUs Program, and you hereby agree to be bound by these Terms and by the Terms and Conditions for the Rewards“RUs Program available at Toysrus.com/myrewards. Rewards“RUs points are assigned to the Rewards“RUs membership number associated with your “RUs Credit Card or “RUs MasterCard®. If a membership number is incorrectly linked to an “RUs Credit Card or “RUs MasterCard account, call 1-800-TOYSRUS to assign the correct number.

RUs Credit Card

If you have an “RUs Credit Card that is not a MasterCard, it may be used only at ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store locations or online at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com. When you use your “RUs Credit Card you will earn 2 points for every dollar in net qualifying purchases (qualifying merchandise purchased minus taxes, returns and adjustments) (“Net Qualifying Purchases”) you spend per transaction. Qualifying merchandise does not include special financing purchases, purchases of Gift Cards, Square Trade Protection Plan, assembly fees, breast-pump rental fees, delivery fees, Layaway fees or shipping & handling. When using the 15% account opening coupon, you will only earn 1 point for every dollar in Net Qualifying Purchases you spend. Points you earn through purchases with your “RUs Credit Card are added to your Rewards“RUs Program total. The points you earn will be displayed on your “RUs Credit Card billing statement and are also available to view and print at Toysrus.com/myrewards. When calculating points earned for the “RUs Credit Card, the dollar amount of Net Qualifying Purchases is rounded up or down in $0.50 increments. The total amount of the Net Qualifying Purchases on each receipt will be rounded down to the nearest dollar if the decimal value of such total amount is $.01 through $.49 and will be rounded up to the nearest dollar if the decimal value of such total amount is $.50 to $.99. Rewards points expire after your “RUs Credit Card account is inactive for more than 24 months and your Rewards“RUs Program account is inactive for more than 12 months.

RUs MasterCard

The “RUs MasterCard will be accepted anywhere MasterCard credit cards are accepted. When you use your “RUs MasterCard at ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store locations or online at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com, you will earn 2 points for every dollar in Net Qualifying Purchases you spend. However, when using the 15% account opening coupon, you will only earn 1 point for every dollar in Net Qualifying Purchases you spend. When you use your “RUs MasterCard outside of ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store locations or online, you will earn 1 point for every $4 you spend in net purchases (merchandise purchased minus returns and adjustments) (“Net World Purchases”) per transaction. Also, cash advances do not qualify for Rewards“RUs Program points unless otherwise specified. Points you earn through purchases with your “RUs MasterCard are added to your Rewards“RUs Program total. The points you earn will be displayed on your “RUs MasterCard billing statement and are also available to view and print at Toysrus.com/myrewards. When calculating points earned for the “RUs MasterCard for Net Qualifying Purchases made at ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store locations or online, the dollar amount of Net Qualifying Purchases is rounded up or down in $0.50 increments. The total amount of the Net Qualifying Purchases on each receipt will be rounded down to the nearest dollar if the decimal value of such total amount is $.01 through $.49 and will be rounded up to the nearest dollar if the decimal value of such total amount is $.50 to $.99. When calculating points earned for the “RUs MasterCard for Net World Purchases made outside of ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store locations or online, the dollar amount of purchases is rounded up or down in $2.00 increments. For example, the total of the Net World Purchases on each receipt less than $2.00 will receive no points. The total of the Net World Purchases on each receipt from $2.01 – $4.00 will receive 1 point. The same rounding rules will apply to all purchases for each transaction greater than $4. Rewards points expire after your “RUs Credit Card account is inactive for more than 24 months and your Rewards“RUs Program account is inactive for more than 12 months.

General Terms and Conditions for the “RUs Credit Card and “RUs MasterCard

Reward Fulfillment. “RUs Credit Cardholders and “RUs MasterCard Cardholders (“RUs Credit Cardholders”) receive $5 “RUs Reward Dollars when they reach 125 points. “RUs Credit Cardholders who opt in to receive their Rewards Certificate via email may receive a maximum of $20 “RUs Reward Dollars in each fulfillment cycle (every two weeks). Rewards Certificates that are sent via email are sent approximately 20 days after the “RUs Reward Dollars are earned. “RUs Credit Cardholders who receive their Rewards Certificates via direct mail may receive a maximum of $20 in each fulfillment cycle (each month). Rewards Certificates are mailed via USPS and arrive approximately 4 – 6 weeks after they are earned. Earnings greater than $20 in any fulfillment cycle carry over to the next fulfillment cycle (email or mail). Unless otherwise noted on the Rewards Certificate, each reward will expire 60 days from the date issued. “RUs Reward Dollars cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards, Buyer Protection Plans, assembly fees, breast pump rental fees, delivery fees, or shipping & handling. See Rewards Certificate for additional details.

Present and redeem the “RUs Reward Dollars in accordance with these Terms. You must present and redeem the “RUs Reward Dollars at a ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store or online at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com by the expiration date shown on the Rewards Certificate. You may also redeem your “RUs Rewards Dollars at any FAO Schwarz store. The “RUs Reward Dollars must be presented and surrendered at time of purchase. If the value of a purchase is less than the value of the “RUs Reward Dollars being redeemed, then any remaining “RUs Reward Dollars balance will be forfeited and not refunded. “RUs Reward Dollars cannot be used as payment on an account or redeemed for cash except as required by law. Additional restrictions may apply as stated on your Rewards Certificate. All returns of purchases made using “RUs Reward Dollars are subject to ToysRUs or Babies“RUs return policies. “RUs Reward Dollars are not transferable. “RUs Reward Dollars are not “gift certificates,” have no cash value, and are not intended for gift-giving purposes. You acknowledge that the reward points have no value and that the reward points and any “RUs Reward Dollars issued are purely promotional and are provided without the payment of any consideration or other things of value. Unless and until you present the “RUs Reward Dollars at a ToysRUs or Babies“RUs store or online at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com in accordance with these Terms and the terms stated thereon and such certificates are accepted in accordance with these Terms, no right, title, or interest in the reward points or the “RUs Reward Dollars has been earned. Nothing herein requires ToysRUs or Babies“RUs stores or online stores at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com to accept an “RUs Reward Dollars if the entire program has been modified, cancelled, terminated or suspended. ToysRUs reserves the right to remove any person from the Rewards“RUs Program in the event of any fraud or abuse in connection with this Program. ToysRUs reserves the right to change or terminate the Rewards“RUs Program at any time and in any manner without notice, including the right to expire or eliminate any accrued reward points or adjust the number of reward points earned for each dollar in net purchases charged to the “RUs Credit Card or “RUs MasterCard account. The Rewards“RUs Program is provided by ToysRUs – DELAWARE, INC. The complete and official terms and conditions of the Rewards“RUs Program are available at https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/TermsAndConditions.cfm and may change from time to time. You are responsible for checking the updated terms and conditions.

Keep your Card active and in good standing. If your “RUs Credit Card or “RUs MasterCard account is not in good standing in any billing period, you forfeit the ability to earn points under the “RUs Credit Card Program described above. Additionally, if your account is not in good standing or you have not used your card in over 24 months, the standard Rewards“RUs Program Terms available at Toysrus.com/myrewards will apply.

We look forward to continuing to service your “RUs Credit Card account.

Thank you for your business.

Synchrony Bank

Congratulations.  I'm sure many of us broke the system, with $200+ reward exchanges every month.  TRUTH + TRU CC + coupons + careful tracking of sales made for a pretty good acquisition strategy.  It's a bit harder, now.  $20 every 2 weeks will cramp many of us. That's  $520/year maximum rewards.  Not chump-change, but no-where near what I've done in bursts.

They changed the Rewards program this same time last year. You may remember they converted banked points to the then new $5 = 125. I think this change has more to do with Synchrony taking over the funding of the rewards program for CC holders and not TRU then the use and abuse of the existing program. Thus the program is now more on par with other CC rewards programs that synchrony has with other retailers. I don't think Synchrony was up to giving out $600/month no matter what you spent and inadvertently closed the free unlimited points loophole. 

Perhaps we can actually get modulars from TRU online once people use up their rewards. 

Time to adapt, endless earnings to the rescue. 

I think I just heard that tree fall. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

TRU makes my head hurt.  I just got this email which explains the changes differently than what we've seen before.  Now it sounds like as long as you bank your points you can still create $200 rewards?  

We will be making changes to the Rewards Program. Below is a summary of changes. 

• As of 10/1/15, we will expire points after 12 months of inactivity on your account. If you haven't shopped in the past year, now's the time to take advantage of your points while you still can - just keep shopping! 

• As of 9/18/15, if you don't bank your points, you'll receive a maximum of $20 in ''R''Us Rewards per fulfillment cycle. Amounts over $20 carry over to the next cycle. Log in to bank your points and receive up to $200 in "R"Us Rewards!

Just wondering if anyone else got the notice I posted above or what others think this means.   I know I posted in the middle of the night on Saturday so many people may have missed this.  But from this email I received, it seems they have stepped back somewhat on the pending changes to the terms.  If this is correct, it seems we'll be able to bank points to create $200 rewards still.

I got the email as well. Interesting there seems to be some differences from TRU and Synchrony. This latest notice pushes the change date until 9/18 but still no points on GCs. To me there is a little ambiguity on banking, if $20 is the max per cycle it will take you 10 cycles or just over 3 months to earn a $200 reward versus 2 weeks on the current plan. However for those of us with banked points we still may be able to get $200/5000 points three times a month until our current points are depleted. 

I saw the email, and wondered about that too.

I needed to follow up with TRU anyway - my first post 9/1 statement said I earned $25 in rewards, but was only issued $20 (which is what I expected).  Unless I'm confusing issued vs earned (which I might be).

I read it that if you don't bank your point, and you want them to issue you Rewards, you can only Rewards issued of up to $20 per two weeks.  But that if you bank your points, then you can "self-issue" your rewards for up to $200.