10219 - Maersk Train

M4x18

31 minutes ago, gregpj said:

(going to resurrect this one for @Darth_Raichu)

So we built this set last week.... and although it's a wonderful looking set, it's a huge disappointment.

1) LOTS of stickers and some massive ones that are hard to get on without fingerprints.

2) LOTS of stickers and some massive and teenie tiny ones that are hard to place centered.

3) LOTS of stickers that the ink rubs off when you try to "eliminate" bubbles and the glassy effect when placing those transparent stickers.

4) LOTS of stickers next to studs (on those plate bricks with flat spots and then studs on the edges) that are almost impossible to smooth out.

That being said... other problems:

1) The train bumpers/magnets are super flimsy and fall off. Other trains don't seem to suffer from this but those pieces are always falling off.

2) The train is WAY TOO LONG .. it's so much longer than other trains that it requires extra room to turn corners. The grills in the front stick out too far and the cars are wider than usual so they cut the corners waaay more than normal city trains. The length also creates a challenge to placing the train on the tracks... so many bricks are attached to the boogie plates & wheels that they sag and are hard to place (and then the bumpers fall off and you have to start over).

3) The sides have a 1x8 tile attached by a single stud... it's always falling off when the kids play with it (it's a kids toy, of course they play with it).

4) Motorizing it wasn't hard, but the "on/off" switch for the battery box requires removal of some parts to turn on/off. Much less convenient than other trains for kids.

The conclusion? If you've still got one of these sealed.... it's a much better display piece than play piece!! What's with Maersk and stickers anyways?

Yeah, my takeaway, sell rather than keep. Got it. ;)

50 minutes ago, gregpj said:

(going to resurrect this one for @Darth_Raichu)

So we built this set last week.... and although it's a wonderful looking set, it's a huge disappointment.

1) LOTS of stickers and some massive ones that are hard to get on without fingerprints.

2) LOTS of stickers and some massive and teenie tiny ones that are hard to place centered.

3) LOTS of stickers that the ink rubs off when you try to "eliminate" bubbles and the glassy effect when placing those transparent stickers.

4) LOTS of stickers next to studs (on those plate bricks with flat spots and then studs on the edges) that are almost impossible to smooth out.

That being said... other problems:

1) The train bumpers/magnets are super flimsy and fall off. Other trains don't seem to suffer from this but those pieces are always falling off.

2) The train is WAY TOO LONG .. it's so much longer than other trains that it requires extra room to turn corners. The grills in the front stick out too far and the cars are wider than usual so they cut the corners waaay more than normal city trains. The length also creates a challenge to placing the train on the tracks... so many bricks are attached to the boogie plates & wheels that they sag and are hard to place (and then the bumpers fall off and you have to start over).

3) The sides have a 1x8 tile attached by a single stud... it's always falling off when the kids play with it (it's a kids toy, of course they play with it).

4) Motorizing it wasn't hard, but the "on/off" switch for the battery box requires removal of some parts to turn on/off. Much less convenient than other trains for kids.

The conclusion? If you've still got one of these sealed.... it's a much better display piece than play piece!! What's with Maersk and stickers anyways?

You actually built the whole thing? I thought people bought this set only to get that cute little truck & trailer :P 

1 hour ago, dcdfan said:

Yeah, my takeaway, sell rather than keep. Got it. ;)

Yup.

56 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You actually built the whole thing? I thought people bought this set only to get that cute little truck & trailer :P 

The truck is cute...  but even it had too many damn stickers.

(ps, for the OCD in you, I noticed after the picture that the trailer pieces on the goose neck weren't quite pushed together.. I have since corrected that. :))

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hello I am new to buying and selling lego and I would like my first sale to be a discontinued Maersk Train product 10219.  I am seeing prices varying wildly between ebay and amazon.  Does anyone know anything about this specific item and how much it is actually worth/the best place to sell it?  I was thinking ebay but I am still unsure.

Here are examples of how wildly the price varies, and I don't know if it is even worth this much...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/253298960274?chn=ps&dispItem=1

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Creator-Maersk-Train-10219/dp/B004QWZ5M6

1 hour ago, sleuthchipperson said:

Hello I am new to buying and selling lego and I would like my first sale to be a discontinued Maersk Train product 10219.  I am seeing prices varying wildly between ebay and amazon.  Does anyone know anything about this specific item and how much it is actually worth/the best place to sell it?  I was thinking ebay but I am still unsure.

Here are examples of how wildly the price varies, and I don't know if it is even worth this much...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/253298960274?chn=ps&dispItem=1

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Creator-Maersk-Train-10219/dp/B004QWZ5M6

$320-$400 seems to be the going rate on ebay USA for a new in box set.

Amazon will be more but will take longer to sell. If you don't already sell Lego on Amazon you won't be able to. (Unless you pay a large fee & can provide invoices)