Lego Build Live Stream

Silburned

Hey Everyone,

I will be starting a live stream that is primarily focused on Lego builds.  Since I build sets regularly I thought, "Why not share it with a community?".  I am going to have my first stream on Twitch tomorrow night.  I see a lot of build videos, but not too many that are actually live.

There is a monthly calendar that I will keep updated on what I will build and when.  Currently I am only planning 3 days a week and will be live later in the evening, I have a day job to maintain :P.

So anyone that wants to come and hang out, head over to http://www.twitch.tv/silburned tomorrow at 8pm PDT.

Thanks,

• Like 2

Thanks Alpine, I am excited to start.  Looks like Periscope is meant more for phone broadcasting.  Cool idea.

I like the idea of Twitch or YouTube as I think they can handle the quality better.  Currently I will be streaming at 720p, but I plan to do 1080p soon.   Eventually I may stream some games on my channel so Twitch seems like a good fit for now.

Tonight will be the first stream, I will be building 10193 MMV.  Tomorrow I plan on building my all time childhood favorite, 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

like the idea. but kinda waiting for you (or others) spending 20 min looking for a piece that fell of the table

edit: don't know Twitch but periscope would allow same time feed back 

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

Hopefully dropped/ missing pieces will be a minimal inconvenience.  I'm pretty organized when it comes to Lego so replacement parts are easy to find.  Also, I have limited broadcast time so I am taking every necessary step to keep the build progressing with no downtime.

Twitch has a real time chat as well. So interaction between me and the viewers will be quick.

So I did two streams last week on Friday and Saturday night.  Not sure if anyone on here tuned in but I had a lot of fun.  Saturday was more active with viewers and general Lego discussions.  There were a few hiccups with the first stream with cameras, software, etc.  I think it is all worked out now.  I will start having past broadcasts saved to my profile so anyone can watch the recent builds.  These are only saved for 2 weeks on Twitch so I may upload them to YouTube as well.  The only draw back is that you can't see the Chat window.

My next build stream will be on Wednesday night and I plan on doing 8038 - The Battle of Endor.