Paypal IPO

cladner

sort of meh start to this stock but I'm a believer so I snagged 200 shares at $40.02.  usually i avoid IPOs because of the  hype.  I think in this case, the hype is being offset by EBAY stock holders offloading their free share so maybe we have oversupply.  either way its below their IPO price target.  This seems like a good chance paypal will be bought by VISA or MASTERCARD.  something else to talk about besides RAPTOR ESCAPE.

• Like 2

sort of meh start to this stock but I'm a believer so I snagged 200 shares at $40.02.  usually i avoid IPOs because of the  hype.  I think in this case, the hype is being offset by EBAY stock holders offloading their free share so maybe we have oversupply.  either way its below their IPO price target.  This seems like a good chance paypal will be bought by VISA or MASTERCARD.  something else to talk about besides RAPTOR ESCAPE.

LOL @ RE! There's always Death Star...
  • Like 1

Paypal is a guaranteed revenue stream since it has no major competition just like it's auction partner.  The only thing that can hurt them in the next 5 years would be some major company like Google backing Bitcoin which would eat away at their revenue.

Paypal is a guaranteed revenue stream since it has no major competition just like it's auction partner.  The only thing that can hurt them in the next 5 years would be some major company like Google backing Bitcoin which would eat away at their revenue.

i think Visa Checkout is giving Paypal a bit of a run. In Canada they've been doing some promotions where $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout with select retailers.

i think Visa Checkout is giving Paypal a bit of a run. In Canada they've been doing some promotions where $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout with select retailers.

The problem with these promos like MC Masterpass and Visa checkout and Google Wallet is that they're flaky.  Paypal, as much as I hate to admit it, is pretty stable.  People have had all kinds of errors with the others.

Right now Visa Checkout is doing a $50 off $200 on Staples.com - and now Staples sells all kinds of nonsense from blenders to leaf blowers - trying to compete with Amazon I guess.

None of these have really cut into Paypal's market share.  Bitcoin is the one thing that could potentially eat into it as well as Western Union's dominance.

Apple pay is the biggest threat, probably.