Todd McFarlane - Game of Thrones construction sets

TheOrcKing

Definitely cool, but no real threat to TLC.  

I would agree. The amount of detail is amazing and the near seamlessness of 'pieces' place these items on a middle ground between professional grade model kits and easy to put together building sets. However such features of design I think limit the market to a very select group of people who really enjoy Game of Thrones and would like to build something like a LEGO yet does not look like LEGO. If a person is into model kits, I'm not sure they would go for these really. While these do continue on Todd McFarlane's goal (as it was with The Walking Dead sets) to create something that looks professionally designed for display, this area of the market is not even close to LEGO's own backyard.

Anyway despite all the zombie fans for The Walking Dead, all those construction sets sat on the shelves of my Target and directly went to half off soon as these summer clearances started. (I believe many others have seen this too.) It's a shame but I imagine the very same fate will await these Game of Thrones sets.

• 4 months later...