70413 - Brick Bounty

mike1985

Team,

I am having a difficult time putting my love of the Pirates bias aside.  MSRP originally for the Brick Bounty was 110.00 USD upon release a few months back - it is being offered at the local Target for 99.99 USD price match - I also have a 20 % off coupon - then with Target Red Card 5 % off - which brings the hated/loved Brick Bounty down to 76.00 USD which is around 31 % off total.  Not sure if this is a good deal or not seeing as though Pirates is my favorite Lego of all time. 

Any and all insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Alpine/Marley - I am stationed in Hawaii so Walmart and Toys R Us never have any deals and all of the prices include the shipping it takes to get to the island.  The only place that carries "sales" is Target and Lego Shop at Home because both don't charge for shipping.

I am pretty much an addict when it comes to Pirates. Something that resonates with my childhood.  I am hopeful that Lego will be releasing a new POTC line in the next two years to coincide with the newest movie.

Edited by mike1985

Alpine/Marley - I am stationed in Hawaii so Walmart and Toys R Us never have any deals and all of the prices include the shipping it takes to get to the island.  The only place that carries "sales" is Target and Lego Shop at Home because both don't charge for shipping.

I am pretty much an addict when it comes to Pirates. Something that resonates with my childhood.  I am hopeful that Lego will be releasing a new POTC line in the next two years to coincide with the newest movie.

I know Hawaii is Hawaii , but they don't honor the Toys R Us coupons or the 10% off on Thursdays with the credit card?

I know Hawaii is Hawaii , but they don't honor the Toys R Us coupons or the 10% off on Thursdays with the credit card?

They honor all of the coupon/credit card deals; however the prices are already staged at rates which includes the fees for shipping to the island. For example the MK II is priced at 280.00 USD baseline price so even with the discounts it still comes out above prices for Lego Shop at Home which doesn't charge shipping to the islands.  It is unfortunate because most of the big sets are only found at Toys R Us or at the Lego store in Honolulu and they are marked up accordingly as well.  Target carries the best deals but they don't carry the large sets.  Hawaii is still paradise but it does have its "Lego" drawbacks.

Edited by mike1985

If this can help you with keeping your wallet secured, i'd said it's not as good as the older sets.

Eldorado, imperial flagship, Schooner, skull island.... They are still better a good length.

That new ship is not yet an all in attempt, flagship sized build

Don't ever underestimate the power of the Mighty Brick Bounty. I don't know what all the hate is for with some of the reviewers but this is a great play set, easy build for a kid, and if not for SW screams buy me for Xmas. It is almost same size as the BP and if you can pick it up in the low $60s it is a great buy IMO. I am going to grab another on TRUTH and MOC it. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

Decided not to get the Bounty on discount for 76.00 USD mainly due to the fact Target has put these electronic tracking stickers on the outside of the boxes. First time I have seen this done to Lego at Target.  Seeing that it is Target and the immaturity of this set I am sure it will be on sale for this price or lower in the future. Just hope Target doesn't continue this practice of putting stickers on the boxes.

My wife was proud of me for not buying more Pirate themed Lego.  I look at this set fondly like some look at the Space or City themes.

Cheers.

They honor all of the coupon/credit card deals; however the prices are already staged at rates which includes the fees for shipping to the island. For example the MK II is priced at 280.00 USD baseline price so even with the discounts it still comes out above prices for Lego Shop at Home which doesn't charge shipping to the islands.  It is unfortunate because most of the big sets are only found at Toys R Us or at the Lego store in Honolulu and they are marked up accordingly as well.  Target carries the best deals but they don't carry the large sets.  Hawaii is still paradise but it does have its "Lego" drawbacks.

Thanks for the clarification.  Yeah, I was assuming RRP on these (or even TRU's typically mark up), not island markup.

Decided not to get the Bounty on discount for 76.00 USD mainly due to the fact Target has put these electronic tracking stickers on the outside of the boxes. First time I have seen this done to Lego at Target.  Seeing that it is Target and the immaturity of this set I am sure it will be on sale for this price or lower in the future. Just hope Target doesn't continue this practice of putting stickers on the boxes.

My wife was proud of me for not buying more Pirate themed Lego.  I look at this set fondly like some look at the Space or City themes.

Cheers.

Almost every Lego box over $50 RRP in the Southern California has the security sticker (Ultra HQ, Ultracopter, BotFA, Darkseid Invasion, Milano, Chima Temple and Mammoth, ISD & AT-AT, etc).  What is stupid is that in the past week I have purchased over 200 sets with these stickers in over 40 transactions and NOT ONCE has a sales clerk or manager bother to deactivate them.  I used to pause as I walked out, now I don't care.

What is really stupid is that trying to remove them destroys the surface of the box in about 50% of the cases.  If you're really patient with a blade you can minimize the damage.  I need to try leaving some boxes in the sun and apply a hot gun to them tomorrow - I have a Darkseid Invasion that has 4 (FOUR!!!) of these stupid stickers on it and they're not coming off without a fight :(

I guess it's cheaper than spiders but it really messes up the artwork - at least stick them on the bottom or side sheesh.

Almost every Lego box over $50 RRP in the Southern California has the security sticker (Ultra HQ, Ultracopter, BotFA, Darkseid Invasion, Milano, Chima Temple and Mammoth, ISD & AT-AT, etc).  What is stupid is that in the past week I have purchased over 200 sets with these stickers in over 40 transactions and NOT ONCE has a sales clerk or manager bother to deactivate them.  I used to pause as I walked out, now I don't care.

What is really stupid is that trying to remove them destroys the surface of the box in about 50% of the cases.  If you're really patient with a blade you can minimize the damage.  I need to try leaving some boxes in the sun and apply a hot gun to them tomorrow - I have a Darkseid Invasion that has 4 (FOUR!!!) of these stupid stickers on it and they're not coming off without a fight :(

I guess it's cheaper than spiders but it really messes up the artwork - at least stick them on the bottom or side sheesh.

That is terrible news about the stickers - quite possibly this means the island has caught up to the mainland practices.  I hope this is not the case as this was the first time today seeing the round stickers directly on the front of the boxes (almost like having a giant bruise on the box art).  The Hawaiian islands sometimes are behind with normal practices from the mainland I have found.  Cannot wait to be stationed back stateside.

On a separate note I just solidified a nice little haul from Lego Bricks & Pieces with quite a few Imperial Soldiers, and female pieces.  I also added the hull for a future MOC.

the only one it ruined for me thus far is the 7965 as it had the high-sheen finish which would always peel off with ANY sticker. use a heat gun set to lowest temp at low speed (i got a wagner). works like a charm for the rest of the sets. dabble the remaining glue with clean scotch/packing tape. will not leave your box smelling like chemicals.

Edited by jerryherb

I have one of these built and one that I just got at walmart for 75 for holding onto. My kids love to play with it. My three year old daughter calls the one figure George Washington because of his hair. Its big enough that both of my kids can play with it at the same time. I give it a thumbs up

I sell my sets with the Target stickers on them. Never had a customer complain about it. 

As a minor point of correction, $99 WAS the MSRP on this set. So if it was marked up to $110, that was a markup. I find it pretty fascinating that these are being cleared at WM already, but I suspect this is a set that will be around for at LEAST another year. It was just launched in March. I am not jumping on any at this price, but at %50 off, I'd load  up, even now.

The last wave of Castle is performing surprisingly well, and I think the Pirates will do well - And I think this ship will do great also. Just going to be a while. 

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Is this set truly done? I see it's Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home and most online stores are out of stock. I might be able to get one below RRP and was wondering if this is a good buy. This was only out for a really short time though if it's truly sold out.

It's a gonna that's for sure