CL scam

holleman67

5 hours ago, LegoBro said:

As having almost been a victim of this late last year I can give some insight at least from my perspective. Conman or girl says they are moving leaving town and will be in another region. They say they don't use the internet in any financial transacting manner...basically act as if they are naive to the ongoings of the online world. This leaves credence to the fact that perhaps they really don't know the value of the item and that is your good fortune as you see it! You make an agreement to deposit money into their account or wire transfer and they will ship it to you or provide some fake address. A combination of greed on the buyer and the conmans ability to feed it makes it an ongoing scam.

The ignorance definitely didn't help my salivating. This person, even after this whole fiasco, to me still screams someone who is honestly too stupid to even pull off a scam in the first place. Joke's on me I suppose. We'll see what comes out of tomorrow...

10 minutes ago, dewey093 said:

The ignorance definitely didn't help my salivating. This person, even after this whole fiasco, to me still screams someone who is honestly too stupid to even pull off a scam in the first place. Joke's on me I suppose. We'll see what comes out of tomorrow...

Hope it works for you. Just so you know when this happened to another member we had her real FB (young girl) her boyfriends phone number and workplace. Case was opened with postal inspector and her local police and nothing happened. That was almost 2 years ago and she is still doing this. 

Good luck and let us know how you make out. 

7 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

I haven't seen this post locally for a while. I am guessing it got too hot perhaps. Hopefully you have some luck- not sure the details of how you lost but I remember being excited when I saw those posts

really confusing as the person that originally got scammed by this who you conversed with used to have your avatar.  It's like you and holleman are the same

13 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Hope it works for you. Just so you know when this happened to another member we had her real FB (young girl) her boyfriends phone number and workplace. Case was opened with postal inspector and her local police and nothing happened. That was almost 2 years ago and she is still doing this. 

Good luck and let us know how you make out. 

Would you be able to send me any of this information over some form of private message? I'm back and forth about how certain I am about her Facebook but of course I'd love to have one that the community thinks is her's. I tried calling today the place I think she works at but HR will not be in until Monday.

15 hours ago, dewey093 said:

Over the course of my Hardy Boys witch hunt, I've been able to gather the last four digits of her bank account number, her current bank, two email addresses, her phone number, and (like I mentioned) a potential lead on her previous (or current) address. I'm livid. And humiliated. I have no idea how cyber crime investigations work so I'm terrified that, even after all of this sleuthing, my money is a goner. At this point it's not even about the money. I just want this sack of **** caught.

It's a lot of work with the most likely outcome being probation. It may or may not even be a felony, depending on where the crime is prosecuted and how they are charged.

I am curious to see the outcome of this "hunt", hope you are successful of retrieving the money back....but at this point I think it's less about the money(maybe just a little lol) and more about everyone else where if you stop this specific person, you are actually saving other deserving people like yourself the stress and headache to be going through this. I wish you good luck :) 

Edited by Leopard