EU Shop at Home blow out sale 24th June

Val-E

For anyone who has got up late, there is a very interesting sale on at EU Lego shop with 30% off a number of items.

Notable mentions are:

Exo Suit

Lego Movie (exept Sea Cow)

Star Wars Micro Fighters series 1

Mixels Series 4

SW B Wing

Ultra Agents and Marvel selected sets

Chima selected sets.

Hobbit line

This seems to suggest retirement for a wave of sets in June but no exclusives.

UPDATE: Items are being moved to SOLD OUT status as soon as there is no stock left so on past evidence we can assume they are retired.

Edited by valenciaeric

It would appear to be the same items in all EU zone shops so I guess retiring sets will also be promo´ed in North America if they want to reduce stock quickly. Series 4 mixels are already reduced in US shop.....

Edited by valenciaeric

I am waiting to see what happens with the B Wing - it should sell out today and then we can see if it is retired or not. If it does, there will be a run on all the 2014 SW sets.....

am also curious, but not sure if b-wing is a good indicator to the rest of the line. as its a notoriously poor seller with bad reviews

So, some conclusions that could be drawn from the sale:

Hobbit and Movie themes are finished. Last chance saloon to grab the few remaining sets in either range.

Chima is being wound down - expect the last wave of released sets to go by Xmas.

Ultra Agents is in the new catalogue but all sets reduced so much means it may be finished too. Suprise

Arctic theme seems to be hanging around a while longer.

A few odd poor selling sets like Exo, B wing and police control are being got rid of too.

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 2

I woke up quite early this morning and still missed it. :tommy:

Would have loved to get my hands on some discounted Milano Spaceships. 

Amazon UK still have them in stock at 29% off http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Super-Heroes-76021-Spaceship/dp/B00I4IWYCM%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ%26tag%3Dbrickpicker-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00I4IWYCM
  • Like 1

In Poland lego.com works properly. Lucky strike with refreshing website 02:30 AM - all of sets were available. So I decided to invest asap :)) To personal collection: 1x Battle of the Five Armies [Hobbit] and 1x Dol Guldur Battle [Hobbit] and as a investment in two steps: 20x Hobbit - Mirkwood Elf Army 5x  Hobbit - Lonely Mountain and creme de la creme 10x Ninjago - Battle for Ninjago. Ufff :)

Home for lunch and checking what is still left and there is not a lot.

Amazed that Bwing is still available as there were not that many units in stock at the start of the day.

Interesting to see if the sets that are now marked call for availabilty will be retired or restocked.

Everyone in the U.S. should pay attention to the sets that were a part of this sale and have already clicked over to "Retired Product" on the EU website.  Although it doesn't happen every time, a product selling out across the pond is generally pretty good evidence that the product is going EOL so grab 'em while you can.

Everyone in the U.S. should pay attention to the sets that were a part of this sale and have already clicked over to "Retired Product" on the EU website.  Although it doesn't happen every time, a product selling out across the pond is generally pretty good evidence that the product is going EOL so grab 'em while you can.

I agree with this.  

I really dont understand what happen.... Discounts - Sold out - Retired Hobbit sets within few hours, without any warnings and out of classic sale days (black friday, beginning of the year), and EOL just after 6 months.... what to say.... I have nothing from the last Hobbit wave, I have thought that have lot of time, and I refused to pay horrible full price for Lonely Mountain and other sets. I am really frustrated, because panic buying of Lonely mountain is a nightmare. This set is really overpriced, normally the half price is too much for such set...

The LOTR/Hobbit had to have horrible sale numbers, when TLG decided to not continue with 3.wave LOTR and to kill so quickly the 3.wave of Hobbit sets. But it was also a big fault of TLG how they f***d the third Hobbit wave (horrible designed and overpriced sets with repeating the figs) - they should make an exclusive AFOL-oriented Minas Tirith instead such stupid small sets, they had to know that children are not buying these sets and that the orientation to AFOLs is the only way.

Agreed.  And that's the case, and the BWing is on the list - then man, there is a serious lack of BWing love in the Lego Universe.