Clash of Clans

Any Clashers on here? :)  I started the game this past Sept.  Can be addictive trying to build up defenses/base...just when you think the next upgrade will be awesome, you always want the next level.  I'm no where near maxed out (or in Champions league).  Maybe there will be Lego Ideas set.   

I play Clash a bit.  Started around Oct last year.  I'm TH8 and nearly finished upgrades at that level.  Now that things take a week plus to upgrade it's pretty slow going and I only check in once a day for a few minutes or so.  Also as upgrades are ridiculously expensive I'm finding it hard to build and keep resources long enough to get the required amounts.  My builders are never fully employed any more.  So have lost interest a bit.  I don't really chase trophies, was about 2100 at one time just to get the achievement for gems, but now hover around 1600s.

I've also never been in a Clan War.  I'm in a clan with a group of people from work, just to chat and share troops, but there are only 7 of us and we need 10 to start a war.

I just got into this game. Couple of guys on my hockey team were playing so I joined up around mid-April with them and I convinced my wife to play Now we can't put it down. I'm probably 3/4 the way done my TH7 defence upgrades and such. We've done a few wars now, they're pretty fun when evenly matched. Oh, and dragons work pretty well cleaning everything up when you're at this TH level.

As a once upon a time serious gamer, I have to say the "freemium" business model I think is an abomination. It's a shame, this game has a lot going for it, but if you are in the middle trying to move up, it's nearly impossible unless you pay for shields otherwise you keep losing resources or need to constantly attack - which I don't have time for. I try to avoid Freemium, the only game I play on my phone are Words and Chess. I have a buddy who plays the Freemium Simpsons game and says it is a lot of fun, but I haven't tried it yet. 

If there are enough BPers who play maybe we should make our own clan ;)

My friend plays Clash and I Just don't get it :P

I have been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Been playing since almost release and haven't spent a dime. They dropped a huge update this weekend to get new players into it easier with quests. If you are a FF fan it's a must play IMO, so well done and you don't need to spend money to advance at a decent clip.

Apparently COC earns $1.5m per day...wow.  I've only installed free games and don't pay for extra features/bonuses, that was until I really wanted enough gems for a 4th builder hut in a hurry so uncharacteristically forked out a whopping $5 for it lol.   I put enough time and get enough enjoyment from the game so $5 was a good investment/well spent :)

You often hear stories about kids (and adults) racking up crazy fees on free downloaded games buying extras/perks.  Be honest...how much have other members 'splurged' on games?  I'm not a big gamer but developers for COC, Angry Birds, Plant vs Zombies, Candy Crush etc. hit the jackpot - well done.     

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/how-the-%e2%80%98free%e2%80%99-game-clash-of-clans-earns-dollar15-million-a-day/ar-BBkXkQ1         

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...