Canadian Tire's website.

Buckette

I used to check the Canadian Tire website for LEGO periodically. I hadn't checked in maybe 3 weeks but this morning I found they listed a lot of LEGO on their online store. If there will be sales that remains to be seen but they have 317 items now instead of the old 30-40.

• Like 1

I saw a few sets in a local Canadian Tire a couple weeks ago... Black Manta Deep Sea Strike and something else.

It seems all these retailers heard about LEGO being the #1 toy company in the world and are hoping to cash in a little... Personally, the only good thing I see is that all of these places will have stock of retired/hard to find sets in the next 1-2 years. :)

Ya know, it does make sense that CT would be carrying Lego... everything else you buy there comes apart after you use it a couple of times...

​Haha.... I went there for a bike tire tube. They're the only ones who sell 14" tubes around these parts.

I admit to shopping there often enough but it's often for brand name items like rubbermaid bins that are the same no matter where you buy them. If I'm shopping for a tool that I know I'll destroy doing a job, their mastercrap tools usually last long enough to do the job and then be thrown away. I remember learning about 15 years ago that the Dewalt and Makita tools they sold were not the same Dewalt and Makita tools you bought elsewhere. The body was the same, but the guts were not.

​Haha.... I went there for a bike tire tube. They're the only ones who sell 14" tubes around these parts.

I admit to shopping there often enough but it's often for brand name items like rubbermaid bins that are the same no matter where you buy them. If I'm shopping for a tool that I know I'll destroy doing a job, their mastercrap tools usually last long enough to do the job and then be thrown away. I remember learning about 15 years ago that the Dewalt and Makita tools they sold were not the same Dewalt and Makita tools you bought elsewhere. The body was the same, but the guts were not.

​It's the same with all the big boxes, I know Walmart forces the price point with their suppliers before they carry products so they can be cheaper than other distribution networks - which is why their shelving units are poorer quality & missing parts aside from the same item at Lowes or that their John Deer mowers are a totally different animal than the model from a JD dealer (the JD dealers won't even repair Walmart units as the parts are all inferior).    I have an everlasting dislike for CT simply due to their sexist counter guys - you tell them exactly what you need & since girls don't build trucks there's no way they're gonna let you buy anything without one of their high-school mechanics having to do a "thorough" inspection/diagnostic first (at your cost!) - it's maddening!

I remember the story about a fellow buying a lawn tracker or something using years of saved CT money haha.  I usually only go into CT for furnace filters on sale :)  Never seen Lego before but guess I'll look next time.  Always tempted to get some junk food at the chip truck/stand outside the store.      

​It's the same with all the big boxes, I know Walmart forces the price point with their suppliers before they carry products so they can be cheaper than other distribution networks - which is why their shelving units are poorer quality & missing parts aside from the same item at Lowes or that their John Deer mowers are a totally different animal than the model from a JD dealer (the JD dealers won't even repair Walmart units as the parts are all inferior).    I have an everlasting dislike for CT simply due to their sexist counter guys - you tell them exactly what you need & since girls don't build trucks there's no way they're gonna let you buy anything without one of their high-school mechanics having to do a "thorough" inspection/diagnostic first (at your cost!) - it's maddening!

​Kind of being polite calling them high school mechanics aren't you? ;) We bought our son a fairly nice bike there a couple years ago (a good brand name, unusual they were carrying them) but once I got it home, I tightened and checked everything myself. Sure enough, something was put together wrong.

You don't go to CT for customer service, ever!

Oh well... they do occasionally put their LEGO on 20% discounts but don't seem to advertise well. Kind of like Best Buy who had the occasional sale but never advertised it in the flyers or online.

I remember the story about a fellow buying a lawn tracker or something using years of saved CT money haha.  I usually only go into CT for furnace filters on sale :)  Never seen Lego before but guess I'll look next time.  Always tempted to get some junk food at the chip truck/stand outside the store.     

​ugh, I drive by one of those friggen poutine trucks at the end of the CT lot every day on the way home from the office... smells sooo good I can feel the arteries hardening just driving by.

​ugh, I drive by one of those friggen poutine trucks at the end of the CT lot every day on the way home from the office... smells sooo good I can feel the arteries hardening just driving by.

​Poutine is just sooo comforting to eat.  Must be the fats + sodium :)  As your blood pressure increases dealing with the mechanics...the increased flow will slowly knock away deposits building up in your arteries from the fries hehe. 

CT could actually make a fortune with their auto service because they do have decent locations, if only their staff was better (in general).  Years ago I took a car in for 'quick' oil change, the sales guy recommended my battery be cleaned for $40 lol.  I know they have a quota to meet for the store to look good but that's ridiculous.  When I said no, he said to just take a cloth and wipe off the dust/dirt haha.  I always tell friends to avoid CT for car stuff due to poor service/work and crazy upselling. 

Ok, no more knocking on CT hehe.  They do employ people and occasionally have good sales/clearance on certain items.