75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

Was looking for this set for my sons birthday back in november. I noticed that the prices were going up almost every day here in the Netherlands so I bought one for EUR 130 (~USD140).

Right after that I found an add for a used set on our local EBay for EUR 110, and the guy offering the set included the brown T-Rex from 75918 for free!

So now my son plays with the used set and I have a brandnew sealed set stored, waiting for the price to go up! :)

Have it on sale at our local EBay site (no need to sell it) but already people are offering EUR 165. Crazy world...

Edited by geedeezet

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, NIevo said:

I was just able to grab a couple of these for $130 each shipped, hope I did ok.  Just getting into the investing part of Lego's.

Welcome aboard. It depends on how patient you are and how long you are willing to hold them. Many have a buy in around $100 by stacking sales and coupons, and others were fortunate to stock up around $70 through Walmart clearance. Long term I think this set is a winner and will do just fine. You'll just have to hold yours a bit longer than others. Good luck!

• Like 1

I was just able to grab a couple of these for $130 each shipped, hope I did ok.  Just getting into the investing part of Lego's.

Terry have you some solid advice.

Personally, I probably would have passed on the set for $130 as an investment since many folks have $100 or less buy-ins and your time to hold for it to appreciate might be limited with a new JW film in the works and seller fees.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. It depends on how patient you are and how long you are willing to hold them. Many have a buy in around $100 by stacking sales and coupons, and others were fortunate to stock up around $70 through Walmart clearance. Long term I think this set is a winner and will do just fine. You'll just have to hold yours a bit longer than others. Good luck!

It's also nice knowing when you're already ahead on them by buying and selling and buying again at discount.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NIevo said:

I'm not in a huge rush to flip them.  That is the cheapest I could find any right now though and wanted to get on board.  Most seem to be going for $150+ right now so I feel at least I can't loose money?

fair enough.

currently $150 minus seller fees nets about $130.  then if you offer "free postage", the net decreases to $105-$110.

if new JW movie sets are released, this set might lose demand and impact secondary market. 

now if lego doesn't release more JW sets or Lego forgoes releases a Dino-like theme, you'll do well and have the luxury to hold onto the set for appreciation.

In all seriousness, yes most likely for the other sets in this theme. I think Indominus is different though. Will we ever see this mold again? He was a pretty important character from this movie and he was killed off. I think he alone will carry this set in the future. The other sets with the random dinosaurs will probably have a lower ceiling if a new wave and/or theme is announced.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

In all seriousness, yes most likely for the other sets in this theme. I think Indominus is different though. Will we ever see this mold again? He was a pretty important character from this movie and he was killed off. I think he alone will carry this set in the future. The other sets with the random dinosaurs will probably have a lower ceiling if a new wave and/or theme is announced.

i would def agree with this rationale and it's not like lego will go all 10188-75159 on this IR set.  i doubt it. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In Europe this retired quickly so may not have been hoarded as much as other sets.  Hence, why this jumped out to about £180 last xmas before falling back to about £150.  Buy in was about £65, so not a bad return in such a short space of time.  sold a few myself.  Will wait till Xmas and look to unload the majority of stash at £200.  Will hold back a couple of sets for the long haul, since who knows what this may do in the long terms, post the film.  Unlikely to be remade, since unlikely to appear in the new film, based on what is known about the film.  Will look to offload the T-Rex and Raptor sets that I have since its confirmed that T-rex is in the new film and raptors are probably going to appear as well.

I just can't figure out about 3 years ago  a wise investor would be buying the 75054 AT AT, 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer and the 75919 Indominus Rex Breakout, At At and Imperial Star Destroyers and the big Dino sets always bring in the big money, I have 125 of these sets combined. Instead alot were out buying those Target and Walmart $20-40 sale items, how many guys can look at they 100's of sets and say why in the heck did I buy that stuff and what am I going to do with it.    Ed

• Like 1

I just can't figure out about 3 years ago  a wise investor would be buying the 75054 AT AT, 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer and the 75919 Indominus Rex Breakout, At At and Imperial Star Destroyers and the big Dino sets always bring in the big money, I have 125 of these sets combined. Instead alot were out buying those Target and Walmart $20-40 sale items, how many guys can look at they 100's of sets and say why in the heck did I buy that stuff and what am I going to do with it.    Ed

You might be the only one saying it.
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, emazers said:

I am glad I stocked all 3 sets you mentioned. The only exception to the $40 Walmart set will be the Raptor's Escape 75920. That set was definitely a big winner! Now lets pray Lego does not get the license for the next JW and hope Mega Bloks make crappy JW sets.

Edited by tacsniper

• 4 weeks later...
http://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-2-indominus-rex-promo-art/

I'm not sure how I feel about this and how it will affect demand for Indominus Rex Breakout. If IR is in fact going to be in the sequel then there will most certainly be another set with her in it. 

Strong movie imagination with these sequels. So many ways to bring in a monstrosity into the dino world and they choose to rehash the last one.

the promo art for the new movie is a tightly cropped closeup of a dinosaur eye - htf do they know this is indominus rex and not SUPER indominus rex?   i bet it IS SUPER indominus rex.  totally not the same thing and very innovative.  the article is nothing but a shill to get some page views and certainly not something i would want to base any children's toy investment strategy decision upon.  meanwhile TRU keepin da price down on this one by hauling out the phantom stock.  spider is such a nice touch. retail irony.  kids,  don't take this one .

IMG_0167.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2