75919 - Indominus Rex Breakout

Grolim

Guest TabbyBoy

OMG... I forgot, I have an "Applecart-Upsetting-Amount" of RE's that I bought at half price (£19.99) while everybody else was lapping up the Indominous, I'll see what I can shift this week using my contacts and I'll put the remainder on eBay at £79.99 with best offer. Honestly, I never realised I was sitting on gold until now ;-)

It seems like I was the sleeper, not this set!

Thank you guys!

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

OMG... I forgot, I have an "Applecart-Upsetting-Amount" of RE's that I bought at half price (£19.99) while everybody else was lapping up the Indominous, I'll see what I can shift this week using my contacts and I'll put the remainder on eBay at £79.99 with best offer. Honestly, I never realised I was sitting on gold until now ;-)

It seems like I was the sleeper, not this set!

Thank you guys!

At that price people will think they are Lepin! Suggest 109.99 BO as the cheapest ones are at 130 quid.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

At that price people will think they are Lepin! Suggest 109.99 BO as the cheapest ones are at 130 quid.

OK, probably £99.99 as I want quick sales not loads of watchers ;-) eBay watchers annoy me because they rarely buy anything!

BTW... John Lewis still have 172x 75917 RR and 10x 75918 TRT in stock as of now for those that are interested. Paying RRP for the "leftovers" isn't the way I work.

On 11/30/2016 at 3:33 AM, LahH001 said:

If this hits £200 in the pre Xmas rush will be tempted to offload a few more especially if eBay have any FVF deals. Can't complain about 200% profit after fees in less than a year (assuming £66 buy in)

This hit 225 USD last x'mas. I remembered offloading 6 of these over 200USD. You just need the remaining stock from amazon to get wiped out and you'll get your wish.

7 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

the only argument against that is the AT-ACT in Rogue One (and Star Wars never strays too far any more from the public conscience).  

the Jurassic series lays dormant for longer stretches

Yes.  I invested in both sets, but more than twice as much in AT-AT.  Looking at the models, it's not even close.  One of these is a badass Imperial war machine.  The other is a chunky toy that barely resembles Lego.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GhostDad said:

Yes.  I invested in both sets, but more than twice as much in AT-AT.  Looking at the models, it's not even close.  One of these is a badass Imperial war machine.  The other is a chunky toy that barely resembles Lego.

I don't wanna badmouth any sets that people are putting time and money into and I'm sure many will still be able to make money on these sets, but there is really nothing appealing to me personally beyond the dinosaurs in all the Jurassic World sets.  The dinosaurs are bad-ass, there's no doubt about that.  But the structures and vehicles are pretty boring in my opinion and the minifigs are of characters we wouldn't know the names of if they weren't written on the box.  

Then again, I like the Lone Ranger sets so what do I know? :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I don't wanna badmouth any sets that people are putting time and money into and I'm sure many will still be able to make money on these sets, but there is really nothing appealing to me personally beyond the dinosaurs in all the Jurassic World sets.  The dinosaurs are bad-ass, there's no doubt about that.  But the structures and vehicles are pretty boring in my opinion and the minifigs are of characters we wouldn't know the names of if they weren't written on the box.  

It´s the dinos that sell the sets, though.

12 hours ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Have you seen the movie?  Raptor Rampage is probably the best set from that perspective, since the truck/getaway scene is great.  IRB fits that mold as well, since her first appearance and subsequent escape set the movie in motion, plus she's the big bad (always a crowd pleaser).

19 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Have you seen the movie?  Raptor Rampage is probably the best set from that perspective, since the truck/getaway scene is great.  IRB fits that mold as well, since her first appearance and subsequent escape set the movie in motion, plus she's the big bad (always a crowd pleaser).

I get what you're saying - my concern for the infinite potential of the set is that the only real draw is the Dinosaurs.  I would worry based on the performaance of Smaug.

Irex finally out of stock from amazon - 3rd party only and off to the races at $150.99.  still at yoyo and tru for $115 but with this price differential and arbitrage, stock should be cleaned up quickly by the dropshippers.  all aboard!

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cladner said:

Irex finally out of stock from amazon - 3rd party only and off to the races at $150.99.  still at yoyo and tru for $115 but with this price differential and arbitrage, stock should be cleaned up quickly by the dropshippers.  all aboard!

$104 plus tax at Meijer (the one I checked still had 4+ on the shelf) after the $25 off $100 coupon.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cladner said:

I noticed that last night.  I had mine at a placeholder of $150.  I don't wanna sell any of mine at $150, so I jumped it to $250.  I put it at $150 a few months ago thinking it would take a while to work through Amazon and desperate/un-patient sellers' stock.

• 2 weeks later...