So I caught a thief stealing my LEGO on camera

​yes, i know whom the guy is thanks to nextdoor.com and turned over all the evidence to the detectives so they can do some detecting. not sure if they will let me know what happens unless i get a subpoena and they need me to testify, maybe. they did ask me specifically whether it was private courier (UPS/FEDEX/LAZYSHIP) or USPS so perhaps he gets charged with mail fraud instead of just theft by taking like he did twice in the past among other things like meth possession. already got replacements from both target and amazon.

I'm glad that both companies took care of their customer.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a CSI episode being made out of this.  Good news on the apprehension.  You going to get your merchandise back?

like i mentioned earlier target and amazon already replaced the items. As far as i know there are multiple charges and by his previous criminal record he will hopefully not slip through the cracks this (9th) time.

like i mentioned earlier target and amazon already replaced the items. As far as i know there are multiple charges and by his previous criminal record he will hopefully not slip through the cracks this (9th) time.

This.  It drives me crazy to hear people complain that we have an 'incarceration crisis' in this country.  What we need are much steeper sentences, mot more lenient ones.  Last year, one guy robbed essentially every car on my block and broke into two houses.  Caused massive disruption in a neighborhood where people literally did not used to even lock their doors at night.  Turns out he was a junkie with an encyclopedia-length list of prior offenses.  And he was still out and about, preying on civilized folk.  Because, you know, it would be cruel to lock him up.

Look into it, and don't tell the law about the items replaced by the stores.

You may get restitution/compensation out of the prep, so in the end you may actually benefit from the whole matter.

And let's face it, you should be compensated for all the F-ing around and stress that you have endured.

Look into it, and don't tell the law about the items replaced by the stores.

You may get restitution/compensation out of the prep, so in the end you may actually benefit from the whole matter.

And let's face it, you should be compensated for all the F-ing around and stress that you have endured.

That sounds like an awesome way to get into trouble as well

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another crackhead broke into a building on my property today. This one was wearing flipflops shorts and and a wife beater tan. Riddled with tattoos left behind his food stamp debit card fleeing when the alarm siren went off. No legos stolen or even seen by this guy. Should be easy to apprehend since I have his name... this one should appear on "dumbest criminals ever"... Later he came back and was looking for his card. Guess he got hungry. Cops were dispatched but he left before they arrived. Dumbest criminal ever.

• Like 3

Yet another crackhead broke into a building on my property today. This one was wearing flipflops shorts and and a wife beater tan. Riddled with tattoos left behind his food stamp debit card fleeing when the alarm siren went off. No legos stolen or even seen by this guy. Should be easy to apprehend since I have his name... this one should appear on "dumbest criminals ever"... Later he came back and was looking for his card. Guess he got hungry. Cops were dispatched but he left before they arrived. Dumbest criminal ever.

I enjoy the stories, but the crackheads can stay on your side of the fence.

• Like 1

The funny thing is that I dont live in a ghetto, but on a main road where everyone can see my car has not moved when I was away for 3 weeks. This happened a day of my return trip home. Luckily a friend of mine is a contractor so he fixed the lock hours aftet the first visit and I got a kickars surveilance/alarm system so I knew he was there seconds after it happened quater a world around. Anybody pick up the horizon expresses from tru in la laguna/tenerife?

• Like 1

You should use his card to go get some dinner, minus liquor of course.

and I got a kickars surveilance/alarm system so I knew he was there seconds after it happened quater a world around.

What type of surveillance system? I am looking for something for our house since there's a main road on the other side of our wall and the crackheads have been breaking into cars more often lately in this part of town.

so as with the previous case i went magnum PI on this mofo and finished the file to hand off to the cops today. when the officer rolled up and got all the info he needed (neatly typed up with videos and pictures attached) he proceeded to enter the stuff into his computer in the cruiser. as he was finishing up the unbelievable happened. crackhead walks by right behind the cop car wearing the same shorts and flipflops. the cop didnt see him but i did trough the cams. omitting all the juicy details of the swarm of cruisers at the crackheads house (six doors down from mine) he was in custody in less than 5 minutes after i received the case #. this must be some kind of record. though im not sure if he actually lives there or just went there to hide, but now im a little worried about some kind of retaliation. I guess ill have to keep the "camera" loaded by my bed side...

front_door.20150709_191500_1.thumb.jpg.2 

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 2