How to prepare set boxes for selling on Amazon (FBA)? - new BL and FBA.

SeanRS41

Hello All,

I am new to the forums and new to selling on Amazon (FBA). Im not really a lego investor, but have acquired a few sets over the past few years at clearance prices and now i am looking to sell some on Amazon FBA soon.

I did some searching on here, Amazon and in google and i cant really seem to find the answer im looking for. 

How do you prepare your lego sets for shipments to amazon? from what i read i will have to apply an amazon label, but i obviously don't want to stick this right on the actual lego box. i was thinking of wrapping the box in small bubble wrap and then sticking the amazon label on that? would that work?

thanks in advance,

Sean

Your printed label would merely cover the UPC on the box.  If you have ever purchased from Amazon 3rd party, you would notice it's very common. Why go to the hassle of bubble wrapping when it is not necessary? Besides, stickers are more prone to falling off bubble wrap than on a flat surface like a box. 

i'm trying to avoid any potential damage to the box that applying a label might cause, in the event that the person buying it wasent planning on opening it.

i know it most likely wont cause any damage by applying a label and having it pealed off, but i know i wouldnt love the idea of getting a lego box, expecting it to be in great condition and having an extra sticker on it.

the 3rd party amazon items i have bought in the past, like the books/dvds brickson mention, are things i always open as i use them. so a sticker on those isnt a concern.

I have been selling FBA for couple months. Proly sold over 200 lego sets and none have even needed labels. Its called comingled inventory meaning that if I send a lego to Baltimore warehouse and someone in CA buys it they will send the one closest to CA. You can label them and it peels right off and won't hurt box. 

No prep is needed on Lego sets. You can either choose to label your sets or commingle . As long as u pack them tight , but not too tight, u are good. 

I know that's the case per Amazon's guidelines. I was thinking more from the perspective of a Lego collector.  

For example, ur buying a set and expecting a box in good condition, u wouldn't mind an Amazon label stuck directly on the Lego box? I'm kinda surprised by this as I've seen other posts on here about much people care about the condition of the box.

Most LEGO sets sold through FBA do not need a label, but some sets do require labels.  I'm not sure why some do.  I suspect it is for sets that are listed twice in there system.  When a label is needed, "FBA prep" I opt to pay the .20 and have Amazon apply the labels for me.

• Like 1

Most LEGO sets sold through FBA do not need a label, but some sets do require labels.  I'm not sure why some do.  I suspect it is for sets that are listed twice in there system.  When a label is needed, "FBA prep" I opt to pay the .20 and have Amazon apply the labels for me.

Good idea. Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like I might be over thinking it a bit. I do know that one of the spidy sets I was looking to sell said it required a label and I think that was bc it had a same upc(maybe?) number as another Amazon product. 

I know that's the case per Amazon's guidelines. I was thinking more from the perspective of a Lego collector.  

For example, ur buying a set and expecting a box in good condition, u wouldn't mind an Amazon label stuck directly on the Lego box? I'm kinda surprised by this as I've seen other posts on here about much people care about the condition of the box.

Amazon buyers aren't as picky as eBay buyers from my own experience  as far as box condition goes 

• Like 1