Update: Trades, Want Ads, Manual Orders and Currency

Jeff Mack

​Did you try to see if it was there?  It is already there.  I remember adding it back in the beginning when this came up for shipping entry.

bc_europeanunion.thumb.jpg.fba520f06ffa7

Quite honestly i ''registered'' to test it out later, but since I saw only words ''Everywhere'' and ''Select Country'' it was just logical that EU is not a country so it was not on the list :P

But I did not write EU down either

Good work btw, I enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I did my first manual order on Brick Classifieds and it is a really cool and easy thing to do.  I was chatting with another Brickpicker member here about some extra sets I have and we settled on a good deal that works for both of us.  I went to my store area, added my set, enter the quantity and price then searched for their username.  Sent.  Two minutes later I got a notification it was paid for already from the invoice that is emailed out.  Really nice job and hope to use it more

• Like 3

Just want to say I did my first manual order on Brick Classifieds and it is a really cool and easy thing to do.  I was chatting with another Brickpicker member here about some extra sets I have and we settled on a good deal that works for both of us.  I went to my store area, added my set, enter the quantity and price then searched for their username.  Sent.  Two minutes later I got a notification it was paid for already from the invoice that is emailed out.  Really nice job and hope to use it more

​Good, I am glad it went well for you.  I like this feature very much. Will have a few more updates soon that is aimed to spur conversation/negotiation/etc.

• 1 month later...

with the latest addition of "make an offer", I can see some pros and cons of the feature.  The pro is that more option to potentially make a sale is always a good thing.  The con is that the existence of such feature begs for customers to make a lower offer by default.  Sellers may begin to mark up their prices in anticipation of such behavior (to make some room for negotiation), which takes away a nice benefit that BC is (or should be known for), which is lower Lego prices due to lower fees.

having said that, is there a way to expand on the "make offer" feature, such as the ability to communicate back to the buyer instead of just accepting/declining?  I've already declined 2 offers, but wanted to let the buyer know that I was willing to meet them in the middle.  An ability to counteroffer would be very helpful.  I know I can just message them on the side, but buyers may not always realize it.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks for building all this stuff.  I have been visiting Brick Classifieds on a daily basis and there is always a lot of good stuff getting listed on there.  Just wanted to say that I really dig the Lastest Listings (http://www.brickclassifieds.com/latest-listings) link you added that allows you to keep scrolling through all the items posted on the site.  Makes it much easier to see all the stuff there

• Like 1

Do you have items in your store?  In order to trade, you need to have items in your shop so that you can post it.  Its not like a want ad, were you create a listing, it is more of a business transaction.  "I have these items in my shop and want to trade, what do you have." 

Do you have items in your store?  In order to trade, you need to have items in your shop so that you can post it.  Its not like a want ad, were you create a listing, it is more of a business transaction.  "I have these items in my shop and want to trade, what do you have." 

Oh, I thought is was separate from the store.  Like the original trade forum.  So you have to have something listed for sale in order to trade?

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if this has been asked before, but is the login to Brick Classifieds secure and encrypted?  I'm not seeing an https:// when I go to register.  Thanks.

Having https in the front a web url has nothing to do with how secure and encrypted the "login" is. Https defines that the communication between your browser and the server is encrypted. You can have https and still have crappy "login" security.

Using https prevents passwords from being passed as plain text to the server when your login is validated. Jeff would have to speak directly about what he's using but to be honest it doesn't appear to be https. It's also bad form to publicly speak about what you might be doing or not doing for security reasons... :)

When setting up a listing, can it only be set up in U.S. Dollars? I have my currency set to cdn$ but when I go to set up a listing, us$ seems to be the default and can't be changed. Or am I missing something?

If this is true, is it possible to post listings in the currency of the shops choice because if I'm selling to a fellow Canadian, we both lose out on the money being converted twice.

Edit: I was looking at the manual orders and also seems to be the same there.

• 1 month later...