VIP Points redeemed around the globe?

Zelgazra

This has probably been asked, but I'm in a crazed rush as a result of some unfortunate mishaps yesterday. For those that have been following any of my posts, I'm on my last day in Europe, flying back to Vancouver tomorrow. I'm in Paris today, and full intents on visiting the So-Ouest Lego Store. That said, I've also been placing orders like crazy over the past week through SAH Canada, for delivery to my home shortly after my return. I've accumulated ~2800 VIP points. 

The question I need promptly answered is, when I view SAH.ca I have a credit of 130 CAD, but when I view SAH.fr it shows 130 Euro. What with the rather large exchange rate, does Lego honour this? Will I have any trouble redeeming my points at the store today despite all purchases that accumulated points were made in CAD $s?

Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate sub forum if needed.

Cheers guys!

Not sure if I'm too late, but yes it's really 130 euros. I spend my Canadian earned VIP points in the US all the time and if I had $100 CDN, it's worth $100 US. A pretty sweet deal if you can manage it!

Wish this thread had been around last week, just redeemed all my VIP points, could have used them in the UK and gained about 40% on the exchange. Dammit ????

Wish this thread had been around last week, just redeemed all my VIP points, could have used them in the UK and gained about 40% on the exchange. Dammit ????

​Well it has been discussed numerous times in other threads.. ;)

I guess you'll just have to spend, spend, spend and then go redeem them in the UK when you can!

You definitely can redeem your points or collect them anywhere in the world with any of your VIP card. I have done that multiple times in the US, UK and Europe. However redeeming in the UK sometimes might not be the best deal because a lot of the stuff there are priced higher than elsewhere after currency exchange. 

You definitely can redeem your points or collect them anywhere in the world with any of your VIP card. I have done that multiple times in the US, UK and Europe. However redeeming in the UK sometimes might not be the best deal because a lot of the stuff there are priced higher than elsewhere after currency exchange. 

​Excellent point... you have to know your prices for sure. When playing the CDN vs US dollar game some sets are worth it and others not as much. The T1 camper is only $10 apart where the AT-AT is $20 apart ($119 US vs $129 CDN - T1, $109 US vs $109 vs $129 CDN - ATAT).

Using points earned in Canada against the AT-AT is worth more of a discount than the T1.

Yep! Lego employee informed me that VIP points are a 'global currency'. I was aware of the different price points, so used the wifi in store and my currency converter to decide if there were any better/worse deals. In the end I didn't buy anything besides a sweet haul on their pick a brick wall, and a baseplate for a future custom modular. They had a tub of 2x2 light grey tiles. Stocked up a large bucket for sidewalks for a cost of €5 out of pocket and 400 VIP points. Much better selection of bricks than my Oakridge Lego Store in Van. They were also still offering 10% on alll Star Wars, plus Admiral Whatshisface. I just simply don't have the room to pack anything, and the cost of extra checked baggage would've made the discount moot. Alas.

Also worth reporting, they had buttloads of PCs, PSs, Ectos, and everything else that's been OOS online. It hurt to just walk away. :( worth noting for locals though!!

Edited by Zelgazra