21117 - The Ender Dragon

TheOrcKing

Aside from wanting to test the new forum's topic posting capabilities, I would like to start some conversation for this set released around the end of last year from the new Minecraft line of minifigure sets. One of the two most expensive sets currently available under The Mine and will be tied for second place when The Nether Fortress sees release, it is the only one between wave 1 & 2 with the Enderman enemy (three of them I will add) plus the focus of the set with the Ender Dragon of course. Unfortunately from a collecting standpoint, Steve's platinum armor will also be in The Nether Fortress but since both sets are of the same retail that may not affect too much.

So far it seems the Endermen won't make a return unless there is a possible third wave but who knows what that could include should it happen (if it does). True the 'build' of this set impresses less than all the others from the line perhaps more so even for fans of Minecraft the game but it is what is. A set based around The End which isn't a nice place to live or visit. Haha.

Anyway, what say ye' fellow members?

21117_alt1.png

21117.png

Personally it doesn't impress me very much compared to the other sets in the line, but I'm not a big fan of Minecraft to begin with. The Endermen and Enderdragon are pretty cool though. My eight year old son is really into Minecraft, and he has every set in the theme so far. We just got him this set for his birthday but he hasn't built it yet. If you have a Shopko close by, they have had this set on clearance for $48.99. Stack a $10 off $50 coupon (you will have to buy another item for $1 to get over $50), and it can be yours for $38.99 before tax. That's 44% off. Not too shabby.

• Like 1

Personally it doesn't impress me very much compared to the other sets in the line, but I'm not a big fan of Minecraft to begin with. The Endermen and Enderdragon are pretty cool though.

​That's mainly what I hear from most people too with the other sets in the line being more eye-catching or simply better in what is offered. This set regarding the scenery is little else than some desert and three dark pillars. Oh and one of them glows. I just like the Endermen characters myself but no real idea why honestly. Ha. Far as parts go, this does feature an exclusive 2x2 dome bottom in black, the UCS Batmobile from years ago bat wings, and well if you ever needed 81 2x2 black bricks then here you go.

If you have a Shopko close by, they have had this set on clearance for $48.99. Stack a $10 off $50 coupon (you will have to buy another item for $1 to get over $50), and it can be yours for $38.99 before tax. That's 44% off. Not too shabby.

​Great tip. The best I saw online wise is $55.99 ($14 off retail) on Amazon. I think last time I went by Target, the shelf said $59.99.

I would grab this on deal, no doubt. But this set was available throughout the Christmas season for a reason...clearly not as popular as the others (Not that popularity is the only thing to consider!).

​Yup, this.

I personally thought this was the coolest of the bunch! X-mas sales showed contrary to my opinion though. I only bought 1 of these for flipping, and i did manage to flip it over retail, but nowhere near as fast or for as much as every single other set in the line.

Maybe i'm drawn to this set because it has a bit of a creepy factor over the others, Enderman and all.

Looking forward to the snow set coming out. The Snow Biome is probably my favourite and very relaxing when it snows :D

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have enough to make it fun, but I passed on lots of these.

same here .  enough for the bittersweet fist pump though i found 2 at a bn a couple of weeks ago after seeing that there was stock available at a nearby store using the bn.com website picked up with member discount and gift card.  getting optimistic with this theme - farm is already more than double average buyin.  i went deeeeeeeep on the farm.  first night is double msrp.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cladner said:

same here .  enough for the bittersweet fist pump though i found 2 at a bn a couple of weeks ago after seeing that there was stock available at a nearby store using the bn.com website picked up with member discount and gift card.  getting optimistic with this theme - farm is already more than double average buyin.  i went deeeeeeeep on the farm.  first night is double msrp.

Profits do look good on this theme.  My problem having never ever played the game is I've no idea what fans would think is attractive USP for any particular set.

I did have my finger hovering over the button for buying ender dragons at 50% off RRP at the end of last year but bailed as I had no clue about the theme.