Amazon FBA & Polybags

Phi1316

Does anyone have any experience with shipping Polybags to Amazon?  I have a few of the polybag sets that I wanted to put up under FBA and wanted to know if shipping those as is was the general consensus, or do most people put those in another clear polybag to protect them?

Thanks for the help,

Ben

I just label them and throw them in the box with the other stuff . U don't need extra bags . Never had an issue .

Sounds much easier.  Was wondering if the item didn't need to be visible in either case to some extent, so assumed at least a clear polybag was preferred by them.

I'm just getting ready here soon to hopefully send my first shipment and wanted to throw some of the bags in the mix.  Just have ot hope they don't want me sending stuff all over the place now.

Edited by Phi1316

Phil I blank sticker the polybag barcode, then seal it in another clear polybag, place my label on one side of the clear polybag and suffocation warning label on the other side. Not necessary, just the way we always do things for FBA.

Disregard the mod comment as it does not pertain to FBA.

Welcome to the wonderful world of outsourcing :)

I've never had a problem sending the polybags in unprotected to fba, the only issue i've had was they seem to have a higher chance of not getting scanned in when they receive them.

So how do they reconcile what you send vs your inventory on FBA ? Can you complain about it ? If you send 2x MF and 10x TIE polys in a box to FBA, but it only shows up as 2x MF on your store, can you dispute that ?  How would they know you actually sent those 10x polys and not scanned vs 10x polys were never included in the box you sent ?

So how do they reconcile what you send vs your inventory on FBA ? Can you complain about it ? If you send 2x MF and 10x TIE polys in a box to FBA, but it only shows up as 2x MF on your store, can you dispute that ? How would they know you actually sent those 10x polys and not scanned vs 10x polys were never included in the box you sent ?

u open a case and they investigate. They might give u the benefit of the doubt once or twice but it is not worth it. Amazon is an unforgiving platform

As others have mentioned, these are the items that most frequently go unscanned for me as well.  I've never had a problem getting reimbursed for anything that wasn't scanned in though - just have to stay on top of it and open a call when you discover it.  I believe that they start an investigation at the fulfillment center and look at video that was recorded during receipt.

I don't do anything special to protect them, or even label them as I do with everything else, but I do put them on top of everything else in the shipment with the barcodes up to make it as likely as possible that they will be noticed, scanned, and caught on camera.

Also - if you haven't already, sign up for a professional seller account if you are going to be selling a lot of polybags.  That extra $1 per order really impacts the margin on each sale.

• Like 1