FutureShop Canada Closure!

@rtisan

They`re gone ladies and gentlemen! Going the way of Target, apparently Red brand colours are not in anymore. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/future-shop-stores-closed-across-canada-some-to-rebrand-as-best-buy-1.3013534

All kidding aside, this is pretty sad to say the least. They used to be Canada`s largest electronics brand, crazy amounts of money. They were absolutely huge for a strictly Canadian company, then BestBuy bought them way back and they still did really. Well, not anymore. It`s a shame, I`m glad BestBuy is sticking around for the foreseeable future, but to see yet another large retailer heading out is discomforting on many levels. 1,500 jobs cut today guys, that`s in addition to Target`s 17,000. Really feel sorry for all those affected, crazy. 

Anyway, in case people didn`t realize, they did offer the occasional Lego sale, usually 20-25% or so on sets. Nothing huge that I recall, but certainly not nothing. Guess you`ll have to shop at BestBuy now.

Sad though is even Best Buy's days are numbered (at least here in the US).

There projected estimate is similar to the retailer they pushed out (Circuit City). Only diff is the internet, Target, Walmart and Home Depot / Lowes are all hammering Best Buy in the US.

Does Beat Buy stock Lego in Canada?

Sad though is even Best Buy's days are numbered (at least here in the US). There projected estimate is similar to the retailer they pushed out (Circuit City). Only diff is the internet, Target, Walmart and Home Depot / Lowes are all hammering Best Buy in the US.

Does Beat Buy stock Lego in Canada?

They offer LEGO online

Well it was inevitable... When Best Buy bought Future Shop years ago they had been direct competitors for a few years. Everywhere BB opened up in my city, a FS was literally next door. It was a poor business decision not to consolidate right then and there.

I never bought any Lego from FS though I did watch their sales. I have a $10 store e credit from FS that BB is honoring (just goes to show how integrated they already were).

I don't think Walmart will be able to push BB out. With Target gone, only WM and BB carry a decent selection of all electronics. London Drugs? Stupidstore? They try but it's not the same.

They offer LEGO online

Best buy, Future Shop, Archambault, Indigo, Renaud-Bray .. all offers lego !

Not all Future Shop will transfer to Best Buy.. many are closing ...

and next on the closing list will be :

Bureau en gros / Staples

Best Buy

and whatever left of ROSSY

Saw my local one closed when i went to the LCBO yesterday. Can't say i'm surprised, i don't think I've shopped in either BB or FS for years. And even though they sell LEGO, i don't think I've ever bought from them as their sales are usually pretty low.

Always sad to see more Canadian companies go though :(

Future shop and Best Buy upset me off in recent years. I had to buy a friend of mine a new PSU for her desktop PC and the cheapest thing they had to offer was like 70$ for a 550W unit. I drove literally down the street to Tiger Direct and got a 750W unit for 30$. I hear even the Tiger Direct Brick-and-Mortars are closing these days too. I should open a shipping company, as they're the new middle-men in the retail space.