Ebay buy - Item has a crease

lukie13

Guest TabbyBoy

It's a shame that a lot of buyers are now investors and demand the perfect box. I only buy off eBay if it's a set that I either want to build of if the seller can guarantee a MISB or offer free returns.  For every sale so far this year I've been asked, "What condition is the box in?"  It's obviously a major problem.

When I list an item for sale on eBay, I describe it slightly worse than it actually is so that the buyer is pleasantly surprised.  I've built up good trust these days and done a few good cash deals without using eBay.

I know it's anal but, box condition is getting more critical by the second.

Rather new to the site - as well as to Lego.  My young son got into it at Christmas, and just over three months later I'm well in on the investing side (fortunately or unfortunately).  I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for the following. 

I just bought my first sealed set from ebay. It was factory sealed, new, undamaged, etc, but I opened it and found it was creased on the front (I hope you can see from the picture).  There was no mention of the box having a crease.  It was shipped in a box with styrofoam peanuts in it.  Would fellow investors make an issue out of this?

The seller does not offer returns, but it is under the ebay protection.  It was shipped with insurance from CanadaPost.  Any help that anyone could provide would be helpful.

attachicon.gifpost-48766-0-73289700-1426606234.jpg

I'm looking for the corresponding post in the fruitcake post, but can't seem to find it. 

I wouldn't pursue it, the loss in value (if any) is not worth the hassle to you or the buyer.  Consider the crease a lesson; as a buyer if you want a pristine box, ask before you bid.  If you're selling and it's not a pristine box, state it in the listing.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention: Welcome to the party!

Edited by lazuli16