Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

14 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I just got an email stating my account has been deactivated because I never accepted the new terms of service. I’m pretty sure I accepted them at least twice. Once when they first updated them a few months ago and a second time this week when they sent them again. Anyone else having the same issue?

Terms were changed this morning 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I need to make an order (never have before) and noticed the seller that has all the stuff I need has both a BrickLink and BrickOwl shop, is one more advantageous in terms of fees for the seller?

Seller Fees are  the same. You *may* get charged sales tax on BrickLink Even if not in same state. I find check out easier on BrickOwl... so if all is the same I would personally choose BrickOwl to make purchase hth

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I just received my biggest bricklink order (size wise). It's 3500+ pieces in 252 unique lots. I have no clue where to start to check that everything I ordered is there. I know...first world problems.

I personally find that printing out the order page, and then just picking each lot into a separate plastic resealable bag, highlighting the picked lot once complete, repeat until all lots picked, then highlighting the total lots at bottom of order page.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I need to make an order (never have before) and noticed the seller that has all the stuff I need has both a BrickLink and BrickOwl shop, is one more advantageous in terms of fees for the seller?

Confirmed. BL is 3% seller fees, BO is 2.5% seller fees. Don't know about local sales tax, etc as I'm outside the US. 

Screenshot_20200912-153721_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 4:41 PM, marco.techico said:

Confirmed. BL is 3% seller fees, BO is 2.5% seller fees. Don't know about local sales tax, etc as I'm outside the US. 

Screenshot_20200912-153721_Chrome.jpg

BL fees depend on order batch value. If a batch is more than 500 USD the fee for the portion over 500 USD is 2%. and for the portion over 1000 USD it is 1%. So for very large orders (over 1000 USD) BL seller fees are lower.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, paulvdb said:

BL fees depend on order batch value. If a batch is more than 500 USD the fee for the portion over 500 USD is 2%. and for the portion over 1000 USD it is 1%. So for very large orders (over 1000 USD) BL seller fees are lower.

I know, but I presumed since it was the OPs first order it would be unlikely to be over 500 USD, but you're right, maybe he's going big on his first time. 🤑

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I opened brickpicker site after quite a few years.. looks likE site has changed it was so easy to browse earlier.. like if i wanted to check history of any lego set it was easily available like the graph which showed over the year price history ..selling price on different 3rd part websites etc.. am i doing something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeehaw! Gotta love BrickLink at times.  Ordered October 2 from a Korean store in which I have purchased large (100+) minifigure lots from in the past, with good results.  I had ordered 25 Stormtroopers (sw0617.)  This is what I received:

aaK.thumb.jpg.7961f67f333d961038efdc904afce157.jpg

Go on BL and find that he was recently suspended for (you guessed it) NSS.  So now, I get to do the Paypal Dance of Blame.  BTW, does anyone know what the yellow cardboard things are?

• Sad 2

Question on setting up auto shipping via BrickLink... How does everyone handle the increase in dimensions of the box?

I have a weight band set up and its accurate and works for me state by state, BUT 3lbs in a small package vs 3lbs in a large package is significantly different obviously, so I was curious how people handle that?

Do you all just go full manual invoice when it comes to larger sets / priority???

Thanks!

I got an email today about November fees. My store has been closed for months. 

Mine too, but I did have one sale I made via the platform over the summer, and they do wait some time before billing you if your fees owed is pretty small.

I need to go verify but I think the fee is correct. Are you sure it wasn’t a small fee on something from prior to closing?

8 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

I got a fee from something I didn’t sell. Sent them multiple emails to enquire. Never get a response. They keep sending me invoice to pay.

The fees page should tell you exactly what it is from. 

No idea why so many people are up in arms over $2-$3 worth of fees most of the time, its really sad.

22 minutes ago, Randyipp said:

The fees page should tell you exactly what it is from. 

No idea why so many people are up in arms over $2-$3 worth of fees most of the time, its really sad.

Agree, every time i get the bill I just go, "yep, appears reasonable" or "oh baby that month sure was crazy" or "oh man, i really sucked it up that month, yikes!" 

15 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Agree, every time i get the bill I just go, "yep, appears reasonable" or "oh baby that month sure was crazy" or "oh man, i really sucked it up that month, yikes!" 

I mean I guess it is easier for someone who sells on a regular basis to accept the fees, but if you sell you pay, that should be that.

Side note, I had a pretty mediocre month last month but for the first time ever had higher BO fees than BL fees, I was shocked!