Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

Can someone tell me if this is possible? I have an idea of building several of the VW Beetles in different colors, maybe doing a little customizing, and then putting them on the transporter. I'm into VWs so this sounds cool to me. Is it possible to go into Bricklink and somehow click some buttons so that it would look for all of the Dark Azul parts I would need in a different color and let me know if they are all available in that color? Let's say I want a red Beetle. Do all of those parts exist in red? I'd rather not have to go through and check each part in each color and find out on the last part that it's not made in that color and have to start all over with a new color. Thanks.

Can someone tell me if this is possible? I have an idea of building several of the VW Beetles in different colors, maybe doing a little customizing, and then putting them on the transporter. I'm into VWs so this sounds cool to me. Is it possible to go into Bricklink and somehow click some buttons so that it would look for all of the Dark Azul parts I would need in a different color and let me know if they are all available in that color? Let's say I want a red Beetle. Do all of those parts exist in red? I'd rather not have to go through and check each part in each color and find out on the last part that it's not made in that color and have to start all over with a new color. Thanks.

Put all the relevant bricks on your building surface in Stud.io in the original Beetle color (no need to build the set, just place the bricks down). Select all of them and in the right top corner of the screen (in the side panel that shows your building parts/steps) use the color selector - it will show you all the colors these bricks have in common (note, this could be none in your case). You can play with the selection of bricks to see if subtle changes or substitutions will help, or to find out which bricks are problematic for the given color.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Put all the relevant bricks on your building surface in Stud.io in the original Beetle color (no need to build the set, just place the bricks down). Select all of them and in the right top corner of the screen (in the side panel that shows your building parts/steps) use the color selector - it will show you all the colors these bricks have in common (note, this could be none in your case). You can play with the selection of bricks to see if subtle changes or substitutions will help, or to find out which bricks are problematic for the given color.

This is great, thank you! I have not messed with Stud.i.o so I will download that and see what I can come up with. Sounds like this will get me what I need though. Thanks again!

Request help with shipping methods on BrickLink

I have instant checkout set up, however customers sometimes don’t get offered available options.

I only ship domestic at the moment, and have three 1st class options grouped together, depending on order value for adding insurance (not with usps)

I also have three flat rate priority mail options grouped together.

When I add a “request quote” option, then 1st class isn’t shown as available to customers. 
Also recently a customer had a small $10 order and only saw priority mail, this was without “request quote” being active in my settings, so another issue.

Ive asked on BrickLink but didn’t get a resolution. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

868CCC01-AE18-4381-92B6-3BD9BECE64E6.jpeg

13 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Within BL, you can create a wanted list.  Search the VW set and under wanted list, click part out.  This will allow you to add all the parts of the set into Wanted list.

Then in the wanted list, check the boxes of the colour you would like to change.  For instance, choose all the red bricks and click colour and choose the colour of your choice to see what exists.  It will change all of them to Dark Azure and any parts that don't exist will have no image.  Rarely a part exists which also says no image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

Within BL, you can create a wanted list.  Search the VW set and under wanted list, click part out.  This will allow you to add all the parts of the set into Wanted list.

Then in the wanted list, check the boxes of the colour you would like to change.  For instance, choose all the red bricks and click colour and choose the colour of your choice to see what exists.  It will change all of them to Dark Azure and any parts that don't exist will have no image.  Rarely a part exists which also says no image.

This actually sounds a little easier as I've never worked in Stud.i.o before. Thanks!

This sucks but it happens, just the first time to me on this scale. USPS apparently lost a Saturn V I sold on Bricklink. Mailed using Priority, double boxed, on 7/21, last update 7/25 with no regional scans at all in between acceptance. Not even a departure scan. Contacted my local Post Office Delivery Supervisor and he said he'd look into it. Also opened up an missing package case. Good news is I paid for extra insurance, so I'm covered there, but that means I have to wait 15 days from the date I mailed it to file. 

So here's my question: when do I refund my buyer? After USPS formally declares the package good and lost? 

1 minute ago, Mark Twain said:

This sucks but it happens, just the first time to me on this scale. USPS apparently lost a Saturn V I sold on Bricklink. Mailed using Priority, double boxed, on 7/21, last update 7/25 with no regional scans at all in between acceptance. Not even a departure scan. Contacted my local Post Office Delivery Supervisor and he said he'd look into it. Also opened up an missing package case. Good news is I paid for extra insurance, so I'm covered there, but that means I have to wait 15 days from the date I mailed it to file. 

So here's my question: when do I refund my buyer? After USPS formally declares the package good and lost? 

Just a heads up, larger boxes like  your Saturn V have been taking nearly a week to move within my state from the local PO to the regional PO, even with Priority Shipping.  (Coronavirus delays).

The frustrating part is, USPS tracking gives a 3-day delivery estimate and doesn't adjust it until it is finally scanned.  However, it may not get scanned until it finally reaches the destination PO or when it is finally delivered.

If it has only been a week, I would wait a little longer.  Most of my large box Priority shipments took 10 days to arrive.

I did the same thing as you the first time it happened to me back in April.  As I said, even with priority shipping, the package still took 10 days to arrive.  After that one, I forewarned each person of the expected delays and to ignore the tracking updates until it had been scanned by the regional PO.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Just a heads up, larger boxes like  your Saturn V have been taking nearly a week to move within my state from the local PO to the regional PO, even with Priority Shipping.  (Coronavirus delays).

The frustrating part is, USPS tracking gives a 3-day delivery estimate and doesn't adjust it until it is finally scanned.  However, it may not get scanned until it finally reaches the destination PO or when it is finally delivered.

If it has only been a week, I would wait a little longer.  Most of my large box Priority shipments took 10 days to arrive.

I did the same thing as you the first time it happened to me back in April.  As I said, even with priority shipping, the package still took 10 days to arrive.  After that one, I forewarned each person of the expected delays and to ignore the tracking updates until it had been scanned by the regional PO.

Thanks. It's just ridiculous. This cost me $42 to ship with insurance. It's one thing to have delays, but zero tracking updates for nearly 8 days is nuts. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:42 PM, lego rules said:

This was fun! So, how do I know which parts it wasn't able to find for me in the different stores? In my attachment it says 324/327 assigned. I'd like to know the three that weren't assigned. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 11.25.43 PM.png

Edited by Brystheguy

9 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

This was fun! So, how do I know which parts it wasn't able to find for me in the different stores? In my attachment it says 324/327 assigned. I'd like to know the three that weren't assigned. Thanks.

usually, it's in the pull-down menus in the far left column.  Sometimes, you might need to expand a particular wish list to see them.

11 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

1 hour ago, SpaceFan9 said:

usually, it's in the pull-down menus in the far left column.  Sometimes, you might need to expand a particular wish list to see them.

Or just create the carts and then I think the system allows you to try to create a new cart for the remaining three.  It's been a while since I did what you're trying to do.

12 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

In the Buy screen, look on the left side and switch from "Wanted Lists" to "Wanted Items". It will show you the remaining items that have not been allocated to a cart yet:

image.thumb.png.4d5be140b9d52e0d77ba9e007f93d86a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, Mark Twain said:

Wow, this is a new one. After opening a case and contacting folks and seeing it accepted  when I now click on the tracking # all it says "Label Created, Not Yet in System."

What in the hell is happening? 

EDIT: Never mind, I reloaded the page several times and the tracking reappeared. Weird, weird stuff. 

Edited by Mark Twain

1 minute ago, 4cs said:

Anyone else getting internal server errors in the past hour or so on BL? I can only access the home page, nothing else will load. BrickSync can't connect to BL either.

Yes, me. Happened yesterday as well for 30-40 minutes (but BrickSync kept working then). I think LEGO's IT department has finally taken over from BL's IT department....

Just now, Phil B said:

Yes, me. Happened yesterday as well for 30-40 minutes (but BrickSync kept working then). I think LEGO's IT department has finally taken over from BL's IT department....

That's what I was afraid of....

I just got an email stating my account has been deactivated because I never accepted the new terms of service. I’m pretty sure I accepted them at least twice. Once when they first updated them a few months ago and a second time this week when they sent them again. Anyone else having the same issue?