APO shipping

• 7 months later...

Kind of bringing this thread back from the dead, but the title is appropriate....

For those that have experience shipping to APOs, is there anything special that needs to be done? If I was to ship (via ebay) using USPS parcel select with signature and insurance, is that an acceptable way to go? If so, would I just purchase, print, and drop off the package at the post office?

Apologies if the answers are obvious. I've been searching for quite a while and the info I've found is somewhat contradictory or unclear.

2 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

Kind of bringing this thread back from the dead, but the title is appropriate....

For those that have experience shipping to APOs, is there anything special that needs to be done? If I was to ship (via ebay) using USPS parcel select with signature and insurance, is that an acceptable way to go? If so, would I just purchase, print, and drop off the package at the post office?

Apologies if the answers are obvious. I've been searching for quite a while and the info I've found is somewhat contradictory or unclear.

My APO shipping is almost double the cost than my regular shipping address. My case is Amazon, I end up eating the cost :(

Yeah the shipping cost seems to be about double, but its a service I am totally willing to offer.

I've never had to ship to APO before, though, and the information I've read says that custom forms are needed and that signature and insurance may not matter for APO addresses. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the APO shipping process and provide any insight, or helpful tips for an optimal experience. 

I had one recently. If I could avoid it, I would (at least for listings that have free shipping)  as it required more paperwork and the cost was significantly higher. Ended up annihilating most of my profit on the item. Learning experience - it is sort of considered "domestic" shipping by eBay but with the paperwork and cost of international shipping. The way it is setup you don't use eBay's customs forms as it does not count for the Global Shipping program.

Edited by Battrax