Technic 8110 like you have never seen it before

nerdsforprez

Hey everyone,

I posted a version of my Unimog recently.. here are more pictures and another video.  For full details of this project check out my mocpages

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/407959

I am too lazy to put it all here default_blush.gif

I had lots of fun with this project, and I think it raises some "firsts" or at least breaks some ground in Technic building in new areas.  First, I have no idea for certain, and will probably be proved wrong (which is fine by me) default_classic.gif  but this model may have the largest third party tires used for Technic models. They are nearly 6 inches tall!  I have not seen any taller.

Second, I haven't really seen any models being used for muddin'.  We have truck trials and climbing competitions, but I have never really seen muddin competitions.  This really is not possible with electrically powered models (b/c of the water), and that is why pneumatically powered models are so cool.  They can open new doors to our hobby.  I haven't seen a model go through more mud or water than this model (maybe I should post this to the records post default_laugh2.gif ).  The tires are nearly six inches tall, and with the water well surpassing the wheel wells in the video, this things can easily traverse through seven inches of water.  

Last.... which goes with the second... but I haven't really seen a lot of pneumatically powered MOCs used for trucks... period.  Or climbers, etc.  I have seen them used for cars, large cars, but not trucks.  ALthough large LPE are not nearly as compact as motors, I think they open new doors as already discussed.

Enjoy the pics and video... and remember to look at my page for further details.

1425346061m_SPLASH.jpg14253487542_THUMB.jpg

That is a 8110 Unimog tire up there against NYM's Unimog tire!

14253495143_DISPLAY.jpg

• Like 9