Indigo - Free Lego TShirt when you spend $50

gregpj

Yeah, the 15OFFWEEKENDS code used to be decent for sets that never seem to go on sale or for sets sold out everywhere else, but I've noticed every promo code in 2015 (at least that I've seen) all exclude Lego.

They did have a decent (I'm using that work loosely) sale last March Break on Lego. I got a bunch of small Superheroes sets that were sold out elsewhere. Hopefully they have the same deal this year - I've got a couple giftcards I purchased at a discount that I want to use!

It seems that ever since the LEGO Movie, retailers have been having less and less sales on Lego. It sold itself before, and now with it's even more heightened popularity due to the Movie and all these new licenses they have, and upcoming SW EP: 7; it sells itself even better! Retailers likely don't even need to put it on sale to move product :(

Last years March break sale at Chapters was nice, as were the %25 coupons i used on Deloreans, but ever since then no coupons seem to work, and the sales have been few and far between (if at all).

It seems that ever since the LEGO Movie, retailers have been having less and less sales on Lego. It sold itself before, and now with it's even more heightened popularity due to the Movie and all these new licenses they have, and upcoming SW EP: 7; it sells itself even better! Retailers likely don't even need to put it on sale to move product :(

Last years March break sale at Chapters was nice, as were the %25 coupons i used on Deloreans, but ever since then no coupons seem to work, and the sales have been few and far between (if at all).

20% off at Target moved every last set worth mentioning...  Which I find extra funny since 20% at TRU (even the MSRP sets) barely moves anything.

The Canadian consumer is fickle.

• Like 1

They did have a decent (I'm using that work loosely) sale last March Break on Lego. I got a bunch of small Superheroes sets that were sold out elsewhere. Hopefully they have the same deal this year - I've got a couple giftcards I purchased at a discount that I want to use!

PS Where do you get discounted gift cards? We do often buy books from them (gasp, I know) so a few discounted GCs would be nice... I haven't tried any of the gift card sites yet.

20% off at Target moved every last set worth mentioning...  Which I find extra funny since 20% at TRU (even the MSRP sets) barely moves anything.

The Canadian consumer is fickle.

The 20% off Creator sets (plus promo code) moved the Bike Shop & Cafe plus the Furry Creatures to OOS. These were the two I thought would do best, so I made sure to order a few of each on Friday. The Treehouse might not make it the rest of the week, either...but yeah, other than that TRU isn't moving a ton of stock while the three Targets I go to (or my father-in-law) have literally crumbs.

PS Where do you get discounted gift cards? We do often buy books from them (gasp, I know) so a few discounted GCs would be nice... I haven't tried any of the gift card sites yet.

I use giftcardgranny (Canadian version) and giftscardswild. Not promoting either or anything, but I've used them successfully. I almost pulled the trigger on a Futureshop $500 card with a 12% discount to buy Lego, but it was gone while I was hemming and hawing.

I don't like Cardswap's point system...you need to use them exclusively to make it work. A man needs options!

• Like 1