Best way to thin out inventory?

If you want to move large batches of sets the best way is definitely CL or the BrickClassifieds as others have suggested. With CL you ensure that the buyer is happy with a large valuable quantity of items on the spot, you don`t have to get into any possible issues related to shipping 30-50 sets on ebay. Grouping the sets and listing them on the Classifieds is a good idea as well, as obviously the users there are going to be far more trustworthy than what you could potentially find on ebay. 

That`s if you want to purge quickly, individual listings will likely yield the most return, but at the expense of time and effort. Got to do what you think is best for you. 

Depending on what those sets are, you may need to think about the composition of the lot or lots your are trying to get rid of. Are you looking to sell to an end user? Another investor? You may need to seed the large lot or smaller lots with some desirable hard to find sets to generate interest if all you have are a bunch of Spider Trike vs. Electro and Alien Motherships.

Have a current inventory either in excel or some other format

Set Number, Name, Quantity,Price and comment such as damaged box.

Come up with a price you will accept for the individual sets and a discount if the buyer takes them all.

I did this with a couple hundred sets it was a win/win for both parties.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Seriously, I'm going to list all my "excess stock" here on BC for a UK buyer to collect as I can't be bothered with packing or shipping.  It'll be at cost price so someone will be getting a bargain.  I just need a couple of days to sort it all out.  BTW.... an empty Transit van will be needed!

Seriously, I'm going to list all my "excess stock" here on BC for a UK buyer to collect as I can't be bothered with packing or shipping.  It'll be at cost price so someone will be getting a bargain.  I just need a couple of days to sort it all out.  BTW.... an empty Transit van will be needed!

When it

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like the idea of setting fire to the attic and collecting the insurance money...we just moved in to a new house.

I think I'll probably try listing a couple of themes together on ebay, that was good thinking and would rather just go to the PO.

In case anyone is interested, here's the list:

Quantity Set Number Set Name Set Year Set Pieces Category
1 21019-1 The Eiffel Tower 2014 321 Architecture
1 7984-1 Deep Sea Raider 2011 265 Atlantis
1 8080-1 Undersea Explorer 2010 364 Atlantis
1 70400-1 Forest Ambush 2013 90 Castle
1 60020-1 Cargo Truck 2013 321 City
2 60003-1 Fire Emergency 2013 300 City
1 60002-1 Fire Truck 2013 208 City
1 60017-1 Flatbed Truck 2013 212 City
3 60025-1 Grand Prix Truck 2013 315 City
2 4429-1 Helicopter Rescue 2012 425 City
1 60046-1 Helicopter Surveillance 2014 528 City
1 60007-1 High Speed Chase 2013 283 City
1 4643-1 Power Boat Transporter 2011 254 City
1 40108-1 Balloon Cart 2014 66 Creator
1 31010-1 Tree House 2013 356 Creator
1 70001-1 Crawley
Edited by Trains 'n boats

I am considering doing something similar. Tossing the idea of listing them all on ebay w 0.99 start price, shipping to cover costs, and see what happens. Will drive tons of traffic to my other listings, and probably make a few bucks on some to counter out loss on othera

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

You just moved into a new house and you are already out of room?  Most people on here buy a house with Lego storage in mind.  Also doing the CL might be a pain to travel around with all of those sets.  I warn heavily against having anyone come to your residence.  I only do so if its like a big item and then so only in the garage and I let my neighbors know I am having someone come by.  Yes I am paranoid but I had a guy once come back and put notes all over my mailbox and front door saying I was a rip off artist.  He was mad that his as is stereo was harder to fix than expected.  Also in the last coule years we have had a couple people killed in their own house via a CL meet up in my state.