Pharaoh's Quest - general discussion

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has bought any Pharaoh's Quest sets? The look like they are discontinued and have some neat minifigs. There are not that many sets, so it would be possible to collect an entire theme(which is rather difficult to me). Plus, they are not that expensive right now, even cheaper than MSRP. Any ideas or comments?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has bought any Pharaoh's Quest sets? The look like they are discontinued and have some neat minifigs. There are not that many sets, so it would be possible to collect an entire theme(which is rather difficult to me). Plus, they are not that expensive right now, even cheaper than MSRP. Any ideas or comments?

I have the whole collection. I don't think you'll ever get rich off of them, but the sets have some sharp minifigures and the Scorpion Pyramid is way cool. They are also very affordable as you stated.

• 10 months later...

Hi. I am pretty new to collecting lego. I came across a store with a ton of pharaoh's quest lego and was wondering if these are a good investment?

I would stay away from this theme as far as investing. Then again if you can find them for the right discount it might not be a bad idea to pick some up, but the discount will have to be quite heavy for you to turn around and sell them for a profit.

I still can't seem to figure out why this theme still hasn't done will in the aftermarket. The Scorpion Pyramid set is a really cool set in my opinion, who knows maybe it will one day make a come back, and if so this could end up being one heck of a sleeper set that most investors won't expect.

As they stand now in value, these are bad investments. But that is only going by what they currently go for. You never really know. Maybe someday people will want them. I would say IF you find a very good discount and IF you really like them.

Like Ed said, if the sets themselves are still worthless, atleast you can make a profit from the individual parts and characters.

• 1 month later...

I had a really tuff time moving these. I had to really discount them and couldn't even get retail for them after they had pretty much dried up. They are cool sets though. I too am puzzled as to why there isn't much want for them. Funny how these things happen.

I think it's a pretty cool looking line, for those who like Egyptian history and themes.

However anyone personally feels about this theme is irrelevant. It failed at retail, and has not performed in the secondary market. Barring a miracle revival of interest at some point in the future there is absolutely no chance you will make money on these sets buying them at retail. Even at 75% off you'd struggle to turn a profit. Seek your fortune elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...