Fifty shades of grey...

cissi

I`ll tell you what was a better film to see over the Valentine`s Day weekend, Kingsman: The Secret Service. I`ve seen it twice since last Friday and damn, what a fantastic 2 hours. There is so much you could say about it that I really will just sum it up to this: go see it. 

Full disclosure (literally  :derisive: ) I will admit to seeing Fifty Shades as well. It`s terribly stupid and incredibly boring, never mind anything else. A few laughable moments, which are unintentional. I was agitated with the painstaking dialogue and the relief felt when the credits rolled was well earned. 

Good news I`ve saved you all from seeing it this coming weekend, and given you a much better alternative which you are much more unlikely to regret at the least. Now, someone please close this thread  :cheese:

I`ll tell you what was a better film to see over the Valentine`s Day weekend, Kingsman: The Secret Service. I`ve seen it twice since last Friday and damn, what a fantastic 2 hours. There is so much you could say about it that I really will just sum it up to this: go see it.

Full disclosure (literally :derisive: ) I will admit to seeing Fifty Shades as well. It`s terribly stupid and incredibly boring, never mind anything else. A few laughable moments, which are unintentional. I was agitated with the painstaking dialogue and the relief felt when the credits rolled was well earned.

Good news I`ve saved you all from seeing it this coming weekend, and given you a much better alternative which you are much more unlikely to regret at the least. Now, someone please close this thread :cheese:

You can't close it now as hxckid will be here to extol the virtues of Kingsman with you. He already smells the post. My disclosure - excellent acting but a good, not great movie. :)

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Full disclosure (literally  :derisive: ) I will admit to seeing Fifty Shades as well. It`s terribly stupid and incredibly boring, never mind anything else. A few laughable moments, which are unintentional. I was agitated with the painstaking dialogue and the relief felt when the credits rolled was well earned. 

That sounds like a description for Twilight movie :D  My wife forced me to watch the first one and I had to leave about 15 minutes in.  It was basically people staring at each other with the camera orbiting around them, rinse and repeat 100 times :D

Doesn't emazers store Lego in the bedroom?

Eh, a bed is overrated and just gets in the way. He sleeps on the couch if I remember the conversation from a while back.

You can't close it now as hxckid will be here to extol the virtues of Kingsman with you. He already smells the post.

Hxckid has a spider-sense when it comes to Kingsman. Haha. I haven't seen it yet but am curious to.

Moving along, I think what may have been the biggest problem with 50 Shades of Grey the film is like many others it was promoted to death so when you finally do give in there is no possible way expectations could be reasonably met. There are other factors but such oversaturated hype has been known to be the epitaph to many a movie or video game even. The reviews overall come across as if the film was actually more conservative by comparison with the source novel. Well considering this is sex or form of it after all, there only is so far that could be done for public theaters across the country before stepping the line at almost being X-rated.