One-click Shipping Charges

TheBrickClique

So, I've noticed that Amazon is adding shipping charges to about half of my one-click orders.

I have a Prime Account and I've tried both the 2-day and standard shipping option defaults.  According to their info page, if you select the standard shipping option and are eligible for free 2-day, it will upgrade for free.  But I got charged just last night for standard shipping, so it doesn't seem to care.

When I notice it adds it, I've been able to go to the order page and select 2-day shipping for free without any problem -- or select another shipping option and then go back to free 2-day.  So, it's not that the item is ineligible.  Amazon essentially has a bug in the one-click process as far as I can tell.

When I don't notice, I've been able to get CS to refund the shipping charge.  But this takes time and I'm afraid Amazon is eventually going to see me as a non-ideal customer based on the number of "order adjustments" they are providing me.  I even had a CS rep try to claim the shipping adjustment would be one of their "one-time exemptions" which I quickly retorted back that it wouldn't be an exemption since it was clearly a failure on their side to being with.

Other CS reps have been extremely cooperative and even have had me try a dummy purchase to see if it would fail -- which it didn't of course.  They aren't the coders of course, so they aren't in a position to fix the issue, but I figure the more we bring it to their attention, at some point somebody in Amazon might take notice and get a fix in place.

This has the potential to affect other "F5'ers".  Hence why I'm bringing it up.

So, I just noticed on the the Pet Shop that popped in stock, it says:

"$149.95 Free Prime shipping after order is processed"

"In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process"

I've already got my fill of Pet Shops for the week, but it would be interesting to see if this is what is causing it and whether or not it actually is automatically reversed.  I might try on my next item to see.  Unfortunately, I'm usually to busy trying to get to the product page and click one-click that I don't read all of the fine print.  Just this time since I wasn't interested in purchasing.

Seems silly though.  I wonder if they have some issues with back-ordered items and prime membership expiration/initiation dates.