Tips on selling bulk?

trstnkn

I recently started selling Legos on CL and eBay.  Funded the start by buying "complete" collections from sellers on CL, building them, completing them and then selling them on eBay.  So far I'm making a good profit.  However, I'm starting to amass quite a bulk Lego collection.  I'm keeping pieces that I might need in the future, but need to get rid of the rest.

I got lucky and posted one lot on CL and got a taker right away.  $165 for 10 lbs of Legos and 20 mini figures!  But I think it was beginner's luck as my remaining bulk lots on CL have received nothing but lowball offers.

So my questions...

How to get rid of bulk Lego for the best price?  eBay or CL?  Auction or BIN?

Sell gray, black and white only lots?

Include mini figures or not?

Do a mini figure only bulk lot?

Thanks!  Would love your expertise.

I don't deal with bulk, only complete sets, but I would sell the figs separate from the bricks. I'd break it down further and sell the valuable ones by themselves, then group the common ones together in one bulk listing. Sell them by theme as well. If you have a bunch of common city figs, someone would probably want them to populate their city layout. Same with battle droids or troopers. As far as the bricks, I think selling by color would give you the best results. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I've decided to unload most of my loose and sorted bulk. I'm tired of sorting through it all and want to focus on sealed sets. I may decide to get back into bulk but would approach it differently if I did. Smaller lots one at a time instead buying and storing away lots. Anyway I'm starting to take pictures of what I have and weigh it all. I'd rather unload it all at once but may have to go with justapilgrims advice. If there are any BP'ers around the South shore/Boston area interested in a lot of bulk shoot me a pm. I will hopefully have pictures and more info later this day. Any more advice on getting rid of this would be welcomed. Thanks, Josh