$200 Purchase

kfishe2

Met a really nice lady today and gave her 200 for a huge collection of clean and fairly new legos in some giant bins. So far in the hour that I spent looking I saw a motorized at-at, the malevolence, hoth echo base, b-wing, a-wing, magnaguard starfighter , nice slave 1, lego movie stuff, ninja stuff....at least 30 sets. And way too many minifigures to even sort right now. My five year old son is drooling. Was gonna try to talk her down to 150, but when I saw how much she had I just gave her the 200 and was super happy. No instructions or boxes, but I met her son and he was super nice too. She even gave me a bonus box of random stuff that she found.

• Like 5

Awesome find. You will have fun with this, especially if you let your son help. I buy a few bulk lots once in awhile, and I "hire" my son and daughter to help sort through it and build each set. They know it's all for resale, but as payment, I let them both pick one set to keep. My son is no dummy. The last large lot I purchased he kept the Death Star.

• Like 3

my son also has an illusion that he will find a death star in a random lot. usually its just a pipe dream, but with this one there is no telling. must be 60 or 70 lbs of lego here. found some super hero stuff, probably a whole police station and a fire station. this will keep me busy for awhile...

my son also has an illusion that he will find a death star in a random lot. usually its just a pipe dream, but with this one there is no telling. must be 60 or 70 lbs of lego here. found some super hero stuff, probably a whole police station and a fire station. this will keep me busy for awhile...

You would be amazed at what you can find in a big lot of random bulk.

Have fun with the lot you got, sounds like you got a good one.

You should buy a death star, and put it in a random bin, or bins, and tell him you scored this new lot of bulk bricks and if he can help you sort them..  Boom, Priceless memories there.  Just a thought..    

I know it may lead to him thinking you can score something like this all the time, but tell him it's all about luck and timing.. 

• Like 4

We are planning on funding a trip to Disney with our lego purchases this year. Already a few 100$ in the pool. This lot will go far. Buying a death star is probably not an option. Would love to though. I do have a 7153 slave 1 that I got in a lot last yeat for $20 that is missing 1 small piece. My plan is to give it to my son in a box, have him find the minifigures, identify which set they go to, download the instructions, build it, identify the missing piece, find it on bricklink, finish the build and then help me take pictures and list it for sale. That way he can contribute to the Disney fund. Should be a good lesson, and plus he sees mom and dad doing it every night

Met a really nice lady today and gave her 200 for a huge collection of clean and fairly new legos in some giant bins. So far in the hour that I spent looking I saw a motorized at-at, the malevolence, hoth echo base, b-wing, a-wing, magnaguard starfighter , nice slave 1, lego movie stuff, ninja stuff....at least 30 sets. And way too many minifigures to even sort right now. My five year old son is drooling. Was gonna try to talk her down to 150, but when I saw how much she had I just gave her the 200 and was super happy. No instructions or boxes, but I met her son and he was super nice too. She even gave me a bonus box of random stuff that she found.

Man......her son must have really pissed her off.