Toys R Us Out of stock question?

Greekboy

Hi, I just started buying Lego sets back in November after picking up some Duplos for my kids and was instantly hooked. I have been watching the Fire Brigade on Toysrus.ca 10 x day in hopes that it comes back in stock. From experience, do any out of stock items ever come back in stock on their site like they occasionally do on a amazon or Walmart, or am I wasting my time checking obsessively every day. I would love to add the Fire Brigade to the rest of my modular sets. Thanks for any information.

Hi, I just started buying Lego sets back in November after picking up some Duplos for my kids and was instantly hooked. I have been watching the Fire Brigade on Toysrus.ca 10 x day in hopes that it comes back in stock. From experience, do any out of stock items ever come back in stock on their site like they occasionally do on a amazon or Walmart, or am I wasting my time checking obsessively every day. I would love to add the Fire Brigade to the rest of my modular sets. Thanks for any information.

The Fire Brigade is long gone from being available at regular retail price.  Jeff Mack, one of the founders and owners of this site, is working on enhancing the LEGO stock tracker to include alerts.  This will be very helpful to members looking to buy a set that recently retired or is on the verge of retirement.  For sets that are long gone like the Fire Brigade, your best bet is to try BrickClassifieds or other reseller channels.  You can lookup the market value on Brickpicker to see what a fair price is.

Keep an on eye on the Daily Deals Thread if there are other sets that you are targeting but aren't in stock.  The gang is really good at notifying members when something pops up.

Good luck!

Hi,

Sets that have retired a year or longer ago rarely come back in stock. Sure there are exceptions. I found 4 POTC Black Pearls on target.com about 18 months after retirement. They must have found misplaced stock in some warehouse as others made similar Harry Potter and Maersk sets from Other web sites.

It happens with sets recently retired more common. Many of of found Town Halls, Sopwith Camels, Haunted Houses, 10221, etc... from Amazon last Oct and Nov.

Something like the Fire Brigade is different. It could happen but would be a rare occurrence. I seriously doubt it will be TRU though.

I've checked Toys T Us here in Windsor and numerous places in the Detroit area but have had no luck. What other Canadian retailers had them available?

Edit: I just realized you were in Spain

TRU Canada for some odd reason just forgot to take it off their website. It hasn't been available for two years.

AFAIK only Lego and TRU carried the Fire Brigade. If you find one in the wild after two years I'd be shocked.

Normally they are better at removing a product from their site but this one is both baffling and funny.

TRU.ca still has the listing, but i believe it's just a bug as it has definitely not come back in stock for around a year. They really should remove the listing though...

Also i believe OP is talking about the Canadian TRU, daily deals mainly focuses on US deals. If looking for Canadian deals be sure to check this sub forum! Also for future posts make sure to include .ca or "Canada" in the post title as many don't realize you are posting this in the Canada forum since it pops up in the "recent posts" section for everyone to see.

I doubt you will find a FB at retail this late past it's retirement, focus on other sets that are likely heading out the door soon. Pet Shop, Tower of Orthanc, Red 5 are all prime choices.

Some items do pop back in stock on TRU.ca and WM.ca, but i would not waste my time on FB as it likely will not.

Thanks for the info guys. Good point on adding .ca. I didn't consider that it would pop up in the recent posts column.

Looks like this set is going for $300 now a days. I want one for my personal collection so I guess I have no choice besides secondary sales. Better start selling some things to come up with the cash. Does anyone have any experience with Brickowl? It looks like it might be my best bet at the moment.

Thanks for the info guys. Good point on adding .ca. I didn't consider that it would pop up in the recent posts column.

Looks like this set is going for $300 now a days. I want one for my personal collection so I guess I have no choice besides secondary sales. Better start selling some things to come up with the cash. Does anyone have any experience with Brickowl? It looks like it might be my best bet at the moment.

No experience with Brickowl, but I do have a few FBs left that I'm unloading. :)

It really depends on what you want to sell, but Bricklink, EBay and Brick Classifieds may also be viable options!