40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)

TheOrcKing

34 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Trying to figure out production runs on the chess set. Original run was 05O5 I have one of those from the lego store.  Then it was pulled and fixed and one side of the box has two sets of seals 29O5 over 05O5, all 6 of the ones I picked up last Saturday at VIP event are like that. Today I got LEGO Shop at Home orders and all are 29O5. So possibly looking at only 2 runs of X number of sets. Anyone have anything else? 

37O5

• Like 1

On 11/27/2015, 3:10:04, Pseudoty said:

Trying to figure out production runs on the chess set. Original run was 05O5 I have one of those from the lego store.  Then it was pulled and fixed and one side of the box has two sets of seals 29O5 over 05O5, all 6 of the ones I picked up last Saturday at VIP event are like that. Today I got LEGO Shop at Home orders and all are 29O5. So possibly looking at only 2 runs of X number of sets. Anyone have anything else? 

29O5 and 18O5 for me and I got 5 more coming in the mail.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I got three of these in separate orders from Shop at Home this week and all of them had the seals cut on one side with new seals over top of them.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Was there an issue with this set that made them recall it at some point?  

Yes. They had the board the wrong way around. They likely had to change the instructions for that.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Second reduction was for Black Friday and cyber Monday sale. First price reduction was probably just a genera sale

Second sale maybe to match the rest of the Pirate line's sale though the chess set looks to be the only Pirate item still in stock. 

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I got three of these in separate orders from Shop at Home this week and all of them had the seals cut on one side with new seals over top of them.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Was there an issue with this set that made them recall it at some point?  

1 hour ago, 10230 said:

Yes. They had the board the wrong way around. They likely had to change the instructions for that.

Also they had to change the instructions because pieces were setup wrong, queen goes on her own color. Neither of these required a change in elements like Walle, but the set was a design disaster IMO. The chess pieces are supposed to fit inside the base so it can be a carrying case to make the set storable/mobile but they don't and you have to do a partial disassemble for this feature to work. It is an easy mod to fix just add a row of 1x4s and 1x6s but lego didn't fix that so I think they just gave up on the set. 

And that's why I like it. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jriehm737 said:

I am always late to the punch. Hopefully it works out for y'all.  Please post on here If u receive them.  By the way anyone by crappy boxes from the big target thing last week?  I ordered a FW.  Wasn't impressed with the box at all

Target.com has been wrecking exclusive boxes, pre-shipment.  It's just that time of year.

As an aside for anyone who bought Pirates chess sets from LEGO Shop at Home last week: Weigh your boxes.  They should be about 3 lbs., 2 ozs.  Some will be several ounces lighter.  Those should be returned.  This appears to be a Lego factory error; all Pirates chess boxes are resealed by Lego, and whatever factory error they were correcting was not always corrected...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

As an aside for anyone who bought Pirates chess sets from LEGO Shop at Home last week: Weigh your boxes.  They should be about 3 lbs., 2 ozs.  Some will be several ounces lighter.  Those should be returned.  This appears to be a Lego factory error; all Pirates chess boxes are resealed by Lego, and whatever factory error they were correcting was not always corrected...

Yup, all the sets I received from this past sale were resealed with 18O5 or newer seals. I also have one 17O5 box from a couple weeks ago that was not resealed and is the correct weight...meaning they must have fixed the problem by then so sets from 17O5 or newer should be fine. The resealed boxes all have O4 originals.

7 minutes ago, gbg108 said:

Yup, all the sets I received from this past sale were resealed with 18O5 or newer seals. I also have one 17O5 box from a couple weeks ago that was not resealed and is the correct weight...meaning they must have fixed the problem by then so sets from 17O5 or newer should be fine. The resealed boxes all have O4 originals.

My seals say 3905, what does that even mean?

1 hour ago, GhostDad said:

Target.com has been wrecking exclusive boxes, pre-shipment.  It's just that time of year.

This is good info can a mod move it to the chess set thread where we are discussing this it will get lost here. 

Thanks

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 40158 - Pirates Chess Set (2015)