Help me price Modulars:Cafe Corner and Market Street

I've finally got a complete set of the modulars.  All my others are new in sealed boxes (Green Grocer all the way to Detective's Office).  My Cafe Corner (10182) and Market Street (10190) are used and have been built once, then carefully stored.  I'm looking to help price the Cafe and Market.  

A few details.  Both are 100% complete, all minifigs and other accessories.  Pieces are in excellent condition, adult owned and assembled only.  

Cafe Corner box is in very good condition, was opened.  Has little shop wear, no bends or creases, no fading, bright colors.  Cafe instructions in very good condition.  No bent pages, just some slight wear on the spine.  

Market Street box is in excellent condition, other than having been opened, it looks new.  Market Street instructions in similar, excellent condition, no wear, bent pages, or other issues.

Here's a pic of each set (Cafe Assembled; Market disassembled and ready to pack).

I'm trying to price the complete collection.  The new-in-sealed-box sets are fairly easy to price.  These 2 are not.  As a baseline, I'm thinking about $1250 for the Cafe and $1100 for the market street.  Thoughts?  And thanks for the help, very much.

LegoCafeCorner1_zps6a84c7ad.jpeg

LegoMarketStreet1_zpsa9f0c5d0.jpg

Check sold listings on eBay to get an estimate of what you will get.

CC - $900-960

MS - $650-750

You might get more as a pair but you will be waiting a long time to sell these at your value.

I've done that.  The eBay sales almost never include the instructions and box.  I could break the sets up, and sell the bricks, instructions, and box separate.  That's why I posted here, sales of full sets are fairly rare.  

I scour the listings for these, these are sets complete with box or just with instructions over the last 4-8 weeks:

CC, no box - 630, 772, 750, 670, 785, 715

CC, complete - 940, 832, 940, 910, 810, 965

MS, no box -  580, 595

MS, complete - 676, 600, 650, 740

You can ask whatever you want, but you will likely sell the CC for 900-960 and the MS for 650-750

I guess my estimates were too optimistic. Bundling, taking good pics with a good auction listing, having excellent condition instructions and boxes, and my perfect feedback can bump things a bit, maybe $100-200 a set over ebay average, but that won't close the gap to my estimates.

Thanks again, the friendly advice here is much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to post a close-out to this thread.  The Cafe Corner (with original box/instructions) sold buy-it-now on eBay for $1300 less than 2 hours after I listed it.  Prices on these are definitely trending upward, and very few original (used) 10182 kits have been available the last couple of weeks.  FYI.

edit: and I had messages from 2 other eBay members asking if I had any others at that price.  Clearly, $1300 was probably underpriced a bit.  Again, FYI for my friends here.  

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 2

One further update, for the archive.  I also just sold the Market Street 10190 on eBay, this one with no box, but with original instructions.  BIN at $790.  Like CC, MS prices have creeped up a bit.  Unlike the CC, the MS took almost 12 hours to sell via BIN.   In each case, sale price was about 30% above what estimates for these were last month.  FYI.  One small lesson: good auction pics + good feedback never hurts an eBay sale.  Both of these were BIN, instant payment required.