Are Craigslist Deals Drying Up in Your Area?

jivejong

My wife told me this Summer, no more bulk lots. It seems like Craigslist has heard her because I haven't been able to find a decent lot in months. Mostly what I see are flippers who are selling EOL items above MSRP and people selling by the pound. There are also more ads for people who are looking to purchase lots too. I'm not seeing anything in terms of great deals. Prior to that, it seemed like I could score at least one nice lot every month or so, but those seemed to have disappeared. It's probably a good thing for my marriage and home organization, because I still have pounds and pounds of bulk lots that need to get rebuilt into sets.

Anyone seeing a similar phenomena in their neck of the woods?

My wife told me this Summer, no more bulk lots. It seems like Craigslist has heard her because I haven't been able to find a decent lot in months. Mostly what I see are flippers who are selling EOL items above MSRP and people selling by the pound. There are also more ads for people who are looking to purchase lots too. I'm not seeing anything in terms of great deals. Prior to that, it seemed like I could score at least one nice lot every month or so, but those seemed to have disappeared. It's probably a good thing for my marriage and home organization, because I still have pounds and pounds of bulk lots that need to get rebuilt into sets.

Anyone seeing a similar phenomena in their neck of the woods?

No. In my neck of the woods, there are a few lots that are available at a decent price, but I haven't bought them since I'm busy with other things. I know I can make money from them, but I don't have the time for it.

Other than the insane thing on CL a few weeks ago whereby the guy nearby got a few grand in modulars for basically nothing, most listings here are just inflated sets, new, used, or otherwise.  I did get two sealed cases of Series12 figures today for $120/box, but that's about it lately.