What happens during Out Of Stock?

rich79

I always wanted to know what happens with a lego set during oos (out of stock).

For example i ordered a PS yesterday with order status expected ship date 27 January, do they make a new batch or need they some time to get a stock from another warehouse?

It means the warehouse it empty...apart from a few discarded bricks :P

More probably, they are waiting for a shipment from whichever site supplies that LEGO Shop at Home region.

I also ordered my first PS yesterday. It said expected ship date of 20th Jan. No problem. What made me smile is that when you confirm your order you immediately get an email saying it will be delayed..... I already know this, that's what the expected ship date is for :)

I always wanted to know what happens with a lego set during oos (out of stock).

For example i ordered a PS yesterday with order status expected ship date 27 January, do they make a new batch or need they some time to get a stock from another warehouse?

This happens:

brickpicker_set_40106_1.jpg

• Like 1

Lol

So when i get PS it has seal codes with 2015 ?

That's part of the value of the seal codes. You'll either get new 2015 codes which clues us in to seeing more are on the way, OR you'll get codes from 2014 or even older which MIGHT be a hint that they aren't making any more, but are clearing out old stock wherever they can find it.

• Like 1

Of particular interest (at least to me) is whether the ToOs that ship to fill backorders have 2014 codes or 2015 codes. It is still possible that they were producing these right up until the end of 2014 and they are in the supply chain. If they are 2015 codes it probably indicates the license is in effect for another calendar year (and I sit on the ones I have or wait and only buy during double VIP + promo periods).

Well really a number of things can happen.  Most likely they have a shipment on the way of freshly produced sets.  Shipments can take weeks to reach the warehouses.  Its also possible their are new sets still in production or scheduled for production, likely when it says will ship in 30 days (?).  

Finally it could be that no more will be produced but they have enough stock spread around to fill orders anyway.  This could be extra stock from B&M and distribution warehouses (likely with slow selling sets like the pet shop), or it could be coming from other retailers.  I am not sure on the specifics with lego, but some companies by back unsold stock from retailers.

I wonder though if there have ever been any confirmed cases of lego canceling large numbers of out of stock orders when a set retired?

Well really a number of things can happen.  Most likely they have a shipment on the way of freshly produced sets.  Shipments can take weeks to reach the warehouses.  Its also possible their are new sets still in production or scheduled for production, likely when it says will ship in 30 days (?).  

Finally it could be that no more will be produced but they have enough stock spread around to fill orders anyway.  This could be extra stock from B&M and distribution warehouses (likely with slow selling sets like the pet shop), or it could be coming from other retailers.  I am not sure on the specifics with lego, but some companies by back unsold stock from retailers.

I wonder though if there have ever been any confirmed cases of lego canceling large numbers of out of stock orders when a set retired?

Haunted House? Town Hall also.. order, order, order, but most of the orders were cancelled. Tricky thing that OoS, doesn't immediately mean that you will get your order(s) at a later time point. 

Grand Emporium, Haunted House and Town Hall orders all get cancelled at the end in 2014. For Arkham Asylum they changed tactics and sent everyone doubles at the end instead of taking more orders and cancelling.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...