Ideas #009: 21301 - Birds

themoose9

Built this set last week and agree that it's very nice. We have it displayed on our mantle. I hope there's another version with some new birds coming soon.

For everyone with cats please give them a big hug when you get home today. We just learned today our youngest (<2 yrs old) has FIP and may only have a week to live. We had no idea this was coming other than that she wasn't her usual self the last few weeks until I took her into the vet today. It puts Lego investing and other issues much into perspective.

Really sorry to hear that...

...hugs given

Edited by themoose9
  • Like 1

Sorry about your cat meowsx3...

So, where are the Walmart and TRU listings for this set? Did TLG punish these retailers for a prior incident or is this an atypical set for the Walmart and TRU shopping public?  Do you think AMZ and Target brokered a deal with TLG for an exclusive one month window to sell? ...

• Like 1

For everyone with cats please give them a big hug when you get home today. We just learned today our youngest (<2 yrs old) has FIP and may only have a week to live. We had no idea this was coming other than that she wasn't her usual self the last few weeks until I took her into the vet today. It puts Lego investing and other issues much into perspective.

I had two sibling cats die from feline leukemia years ago and it still hurts sometimes. The best you can do is try to comfort them and be there for that last moment heartrending as it is.

200.gif

...?! Those are my glasses! :blink:
  • Like 1

These look really nice and I think that some sets that don't seem to be all that great actually sell better than the obvious sets that come out.  These type of sets seem to be sleeper sets.  Look at the RI for example.  I didn't think it was going to be bigger than the Exo Suit.  It's cooled off but I'd still buy some for the long term if I could ever find them again.  The price point on this isn't $19.99, but I think this could be a winner for the bird lovers.

This is not related to the Birds set, but thank you to all above that expressed concern about our cat.  I haven't been back on here since then to post.  Unfortunately, we had to put her to sleep last Saturday, so it's been a rough week and a half.

Again, I appreciate it, and please give all of your cats, or pets of whatever furry kind, a hug and appreciate them while they're still here.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Are there more bird sets released in the future?

Who knows. DeTomaso made lots of birds.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/sets/

But I think LEGO has already selected the best three birds (in their opinion) from those different themes: Tropical, British, and North American.

So I would say that it's very unlikely to see more as Creator lego sets (and nearly impossible as Ideas set).

Well, if he lists his Oceana Birds sets on the Lego Ideas website, and it's supported (10,000) , maybe... (the kiwi is cute !)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/sets/72157633593548759/

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Might have more potential. The first 2 weeks Birds was on Amazon, it was the #1 ranked seller in toys. That's an important data point. This set has massive appeal to folks not usually interested in Lego. FYI.

Have you checked eBay? Not what I'd call a lot of sales. I think Amazon orders are just resellers.