10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

I saw that in the Lego shop in Westfield shopping centre in London. Quite underwhelmed by this set actually. it's tiny and it lacks detail & complexity. It will probably do just fine for the little 5 years old Johnny, but calling it an expert set is a long long shot....

It's a real shame, as I am a massive Ferrari fan and also I've also worked for Ferrari in Maranello so I am "emotionally unstable" when it comes to the prancing horse, but still can't see myself buying one.... 

I went to my local Lego store yesterday and was underwhelmed as well. It was small but more importantly, it didn't have that wow factor. I stood there looking at the display model for a while and nothing about it impressed me. So sad as I was hoping that seeing it in person would change my mind.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I sure was caught up short by the blue 4x4 crawler (they all sold out in like 2 days) so I don't want that to happen again. As I said, I don't believe it is numbered but I am wondering if it is limited in some broader way (i.e. more limited than a normal Lego set that is sold everywhere).

Edited by Johnny_Lemonhead

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at LEGO Shop at Home tonight, I noticed there is a limit of 2 on this set.  5 on the Mini Cooper and the Volkswagen.  Seems kinda weird.  Of course that means nothing.

Not weird at all. Limited availability of a recently released exclusive vs two of the most commonly available "exclusives".  If anything this is far too normal for LEGO Shop at Home 

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 2

Looking at LEGO Shop at Home tonight, I noticed there is a limit of 2 on this set.  5 on the Mini Cooper and the Volkswagen.  Seems kinda weird.  Of course that means nothing.

I think it's just 'cause it's new. They probably don't wanna run out like every other set...

When i see the pictures i shocked!! That is copy paste. I think Lego must apologize from the first designer because they are not similar they are same.

If you compare them closely, the pieces they used are a lot different, and there are some very different details like the interior and back windows. Maybe they look similar because they are based on the same car. 

• Like 3

If you compare them closely, the pieces they used are a lot different, and there are some very different details like the interior and back windows. Maybe they look similar because they are based on the same car. 

I recently built the 10248 Ferrari F40 and I do agree that while the MOC from 2011 and this official LEGO set share resemblances, they also have many differences. Maybe the LEGO designer took some inspiration from that MOC, but he definitely made the build his own with different choices for building techniques.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The F40 has been priced at €89,99 in The Netherlands since the release. I got one last September from LEGO Shop at Home, but I hope it won't stay exclusive much longer and start to show up at regular toy stores / 3rd party Lego stores, where it will be eligible for sales and discounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...