10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

bought a decent amount , seems to be selling well already with a lot being exported.

might be interesting to watch if it OOS soon and if they have the ability to keep up with another big release

That is something I didn't actually consider. The F40 will definitely have worldwide appeal, everyone knows Ferrari.

Not quite what I was expecting, but it's nice for the $90 price point.  I think we all would have liked a $120 version that was a bit bigger,  but oh well.  This is pretty much on par with most of the old Racers line, not Creator Expert, and the price shows that.  I'm not much of a car collector so I'm not worried about displaying this even though I do have T1 and Mini Cooper on display.  It's not in the same league as those two vehicles.  I would rather they had a supercar line and a vintage line so that we didn't have to wait for another classic while this is on the shelf. 

Yet the Camper Van is only 10 bucks dearer and is so much better in design etc

Yet the Camper Van is only 10 bucks dearer and is so much better in design etc

In the US, the Camper is $30 more than the Ferrari, Mini Cooper is $10 more.  They both look leagues ahead of this car.  Maybe they were just easier to replicate than this car, but they're not even close.  This build really needed new parts to better replicate the smooth lines in the Ferrari, but tried to almost completely use conventional parts and it didn't work.  It's a great MOC from an AFOL that has limited parts, not so much from Lego that has everything at their disposal.

• Like 1

In the US, the Camper is $30 more than the Ferrari, Mini Cooper is $10 more.  They both look leagues ahead of this car.  Maybe they were just easier to replicate than this car, but they're not even close.  This build really needed new parts to better replicate the smooth lines in the Ferrari, but tried to almost completely use conventional parts and it didn't work.  It's a great MOC from an AFOL that has limited parts, not so much from Lego that has everything at their disposal.

The F40 (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ferrari-F40-10248) is the same price as the Mini Cooper (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/MINI-Cooper-10242and $20 cheaper than the T1 (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220). 

10240 & 10248 are both $99.99 is U.S. I absolutely agree, they should have made some new parts...

10240 & 10248 are both $99.99 is U.S. I absolutely agree, they should have made some new parts...

Sorry, I was going off the release earlier in this thread that said it was $89.99 US, now it's even worse than I thought.

Here:

according to http://brickset.com/article/15596/ferrari-f40 lego has asked not to display images before 13:00 BST, so we will likely get some official details shortly.

and its official:

The LEGO Ferrari F40 is 8 cm tall, 27 cm long and 14 cm wide and will be available mid July to VIPs, 1st August to everyone else at a cost of US$89.99, €89.99, £69.99, DKK 799.

Edited by Huskers1236

I just watch Jangbricks' review and he disagreed with you :D I need to stop by at LEGO store and see the display in person ;)

• Like 1

I just watch Jangbricks' review and he disagreed with you :D I need to stop by at LEGO store and see the display in person ;)

Since nobody wants to read 20 pages in the Death Star thread either, can you summarize Jangbricks' review for us?  That would be 5 minutes that we won't get back.

• Like 1

Since nobody wants to read 20 pages in the Death Star thread either, can you summarize Jangbricks' review for us?  That would be 5 minutes that we won't get back.

Good, great, you are a fool for disagreeing

Seriously though, he usually nitpicks every little imperfection. Except in this video

• Like 1

I saw that in the Lego shop in Westfield shopping centre in London. Quite underwhelmed by this set actually. it's tiny and it lacks detail & complexity. It will probably do just fine for the little 5 years old Johnny, but calling it an expert set is a long long shot....

It's a real shame, as I am a massive Ferrari fan and also I've also worked for Ferrari in Maranello so I am "emotionally unstable" when it comes to the prancing horse, but still can't see myself buying one....